Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affiliate ID Cloaking made easy.....

Background

Everyone knows that when you sign up to an affiliate program you get an affiliate ID which looks something like this

http://affiliatedomain.net/default.aspx?userid=1975569

By keeping it like this people will know it's an affiliate link and probably think twice about clicking on it or dodge clicking through your link altogether by simply pasting the shortcut into the address bar and removing some of the address so it looks like this.

http://affiliatedomain.net/

What the user has effectivly done is stop you earning any credit for the referral and hackers have been known to hack into sites and change the userid so it shows their ID rather than yours so they would earn the credit and not you.

How do i stop this???

What you can do is simply create an html file which holds your affiliate link and then put a link on your web page to this thus cloaking your link.

To do this simply open up notepad (Usually installed as standard on most windows platforms) and then copy and paste the following code into it.

<HTML>
    <head>
    <title>Your Page Title</title>
    <meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=http://affiliatedomain.net/default.aspx?userid=1975569"></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

Replace the red bits with your information and then save the file as an html file. so click save as then save as something like affiliate.html. The .html extention makes the file turn into a web page.

Now upload the file to your domain and place a link to this file on your webpage. when people now click on the link on your page they will be directed to the file we've just made and then instantly redirected to the affilaite site through your link.

Now that your affiliate link is safe you should hopefully see an increase in clicks as customers will see the link as more legitimate.

Hope this helps some of you out.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Re: Affiliate ID Cloaking made easy.....

Good Post!

This is by far the easiest means to truly 'clean-up' a previously debated issue regarding visitor interaction and proper site management in Affiliate Marketing.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Click the below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Good day Mook25,

I've done the step you shown but only up to saving the file into .html extension.

I'm quite new and I don't quite understand how to upload the file to my domain and place a link to this file on my webpage.

I've tried the other tutorial by the General but am stucked and confused.
        Think I'm better with videos training or hands-on coaching.

Please if you can point it out further as how to do this.

Thanking you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by beoptimist4life View Post
          Good day Mook25,

I've done the step you shown but only up to saving the file into .html extension.

I'm quite new and I don't quite understand how to upload the file to my domain and place a link to this file on my webpage.

I've tried the other tutorial by the General but am stucked and confused.
          Think I'm better with videos training or hands-on coaching.

Please if you can point it out further as how to do this.

Thanking you in advance.
          Think of it this way: you will be "writing" a file/page to serve as a 'carbon copy' that is invisible to everyone but not to the browser......unlike linking a web page to another web page via a written link, you are going to write a link that will "skip" to a page that is itself a link to another destination altogether...like skipping a rock over a pond's surface.

If you follow the instructions above to write your link in NotePad (or even Word), and save that "link" (your real affiliate link written now as a 'script' for the browsers to follow, and saved with a webpage title you can actually link to) as a HTML file extension, then you will FTP it up to your site.

When your visitors click on the regular link on your website, it will direct their browser to that web page which will be "handled" by their broswer as a HTML script to follow, and immediately link by re-direction to your intended destination ----unlike how an address/URL will show in the browser screen every time it arrives on a page, this link will not show at all, as the page has been made into a script (an action) to follow, not a page to land on...

Again...follow the instructions faithfully, and remember to establish a "starting link" on your web page accurately: you want to direct visitors precisely to that properly named HTML "file" so it can skip to the "hidden" destination without encumberance.

Example:
          1. Link to set on your webpage first: www youdomainname.com/affiliatelink1.html (the name of the file you created with the above script and FTP'd to your public_html/ directory)

Comment

Thank you, sir for the great explanatory.

Comment

bump

Comment

good bump......forgot that this was around.
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I came across this thread....I have to say good info moak25...I THANK YOU!!!

:)
                  Cheeseeeist!
                  Cyber

Comment

Hear that Mooky? We LOVES you, so time to come back to the brood!

Comment

Working...
                    X