Blank deleted html page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank deleted html page

I first published my two word html pages without " _ " in naming the page. ex. "floorplans"

I then renamed all the files ex. "floor_plans", saved and republished them, even deleting all the old files in the folder and republishing the whole site.
    The old files without the "_" are still coming up as not found. I deleted them all. This happens intermittently. Why are those pages still coming up? How can I get rid of them?
    Thanks. Jerry

www.hamptonroadsestates.com

Re: Blank deleted html page

Where are they coming up as not found? And since you deleted them - they will come up not found if anyone tries to go to them.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I need to make this more simplified. The correct pages open half the time example: http://www.hamptonroadsestates.com/s..._features.html

Go back and forth and then you will get this. example:
      http://hamptonroadsestates.com/standardfeatures dead page???

Thank you for any help.

Jerry

Comment

Those are showing up because the links in your menu bar(s) are wrong on some pages. You can delete pages for days and days, but if you don't fix the links to point to the newly published (or renamed) pages, you're gonna have problems.

You really should revisit all your links - some are leading to old pages, some have no file extension at all, and others are ending with .com rather than .html.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thank you racefan20, I appreciate your help. I got it all working now and learned alot. Thanks

www.hamptonroadsestates.com

Comment

Working...
          X