Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Actor Training Website - What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Actor Training Website - What do you think?

Hello everyone!

Well, it's official. My domain - www.lkarts.com - is up and running. I like what I'm seeing, except that my mail form seems to work for me (albeit with some mysterious-looking questions that happen whenever I hit "Submit"), but not for one of my friends who has tried it.

The other thing I'm ignorant of is how to make the top of the screen - not the top of my web page, but above it where it says Microsoft Internet Explorer and commonly has the name of the website or web page there - how to make that reflect what I would like it to. Any ideas?

Cheers!

Lori
    Lori
    www.lkarts.com
    Acting Teacher, Actor, Singer

"Remember, if you're getting kicked from behind, you must be out in front!"

Re: New Actor Training Website - What do you think?

Hi Lori,

You have put in a lot pf work, looks good but I think you need to try to stay within the 800 guide lines. Most people don't like to scroll sideways.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi Lori,

I like your site a lot. Very inviting, beautiful layout. You did an excellent job.

On my screen, the name of your site is listed at the top correctly.

I used your mail form and unfortunately it is not working as you've intended it to. It brought me to my own "write mail" screen.....but I'll be darned if I know how to fix that!! (I'm new at this).

Best of luck with it!
      Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Thank you both! It's so kind of you to take a look.

Can you tell me how to fix that sideways scrolling thing???

Lori
        Lori
        www.lkarts.com

Comment

Lori,
          It's your decision whether you want to change your entire site down to 800 width. Under 20% of the population now have that screen width as default on their computer. If you are under 1024, you'll have over 80% with no side scroll. If you want to be 100% compliant, you'll have to redo all your pages to a narrower width. (I believe that's very important for banks, etc - but you might not feel it is for you - it's YOUR decision.

However, I would make sure to stay under 1024 - and you have some pages wider than that :)

For your titles, if you want the best response from se's, I suggest you change the order you've done them - putting the keywords the page is about first - then follow it with your name.

You've got great beginnings!
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Bethers, thank you for all the information! I'm such a newbie! The only problem I'm having with making the 800 change (or even to be under 1024, actually), is that I can't bring the width of my navigation bar down! It seems to be permanently set the way it is. It's not locked or anything, but I can't seem to get it to narrow!

I've submitted a ticket on it, but do you have any advice in the meanwhile???

Have a good day!

Lori

Originally posted by Bethers
            Lori,
            It's your decision whether you want to change your entire site down to 800 width. Under 20% of the population now have that screen width as default on their computer. If you are under 1024, you'll have over 80% with no side scroll. If you want to be 100% compliant, you'll have to redo all your pages to a narrower width. (I believe that's very important for banks, etc - but you might not feel it is for you - it's YOUR decision.

However, I would make sure to stay under 1024 - and you have some pages wider than that :)

For your titles, if you want the best response from se's, I suggest you change the order you've done them - putting the keywords the page is about first - then follow it with your name.

You've got great beginnings!
            Lori
            www.lkarts.com

Comment

Right click on a blank area of your page, choose page properties. Double click on page width and type in 800 or 1024. Then click OK.

Check the width size before saving or publishing to insure it has not changed.

Hope that makes sense!
              Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Working...
              X