help with templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with templates

hello. i have a template that i am trying to use. it was already set up with pictures and everything. i have gotten it to work fine on the homepage, so what i am doing now is deleting images from the page to turn it into a template so that i can use it for the following pages to hold different content. well i got it to look the way i want, but i am having trouble getting the content into the body of the page. i think it's the tables that screw it up. i got the content on the page displayed the way i want it to display, the only problem is that the content is above the page. i need to know how to get the content into the body of the page.
    here is the page i am having trouble with
    http://www.creativeeventsdesign.com/price.html

Re: help with templates

You should start with a clean blue voda page, insert the template as an image, then add the text on top of the image where you would like it placed. It appears to me, you are adding the text, then adding the image of your template .... perhaps, not sure ... but you will need to add your template to the page first, tuck it up to the top of the page and as far to the left and set your page widths to '800 and add your text on top of it ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

the template is made up of alot of images. spacer images and about 10 other pictures. everytime i try to put the text in that are, it messes up the entire page. i tried to load the code into blue voda, but it says unknown format.
      i will try what you said. right now i was trying to create a <div> tag and get it done that way, but it don't seem to be working.

Comment

i got the info into the page using the <div> tag. it's alittle messy, so now i am gonna have to clean it up. is there a comand i can use to make the page longer so all the content will fit in. the way i see it is the <div> tag overlays the text, to the page doesn't automatically resize to fit the info.

Comment

Working...
        X