Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the Form Fields Required

My website is www.discounthealthnetwork.com

Can someone please tell me how to make each field on my forms required fields? I can't quite seem to figure it out.

My form is located at www.discounthealthnetwork.com/interview.html

Thanks for your help
    Yvonne
    Ameriplan USA | Discount Dental Plans | Ameriplan Dental Care

Re: Making the Form Fields Required

Install and use Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

yhopson-
      Well- the form needs a lot of work as there are errors in it. For example:
      In the Home Address section- the boxes; Line 1, Line 2, City, State/Province and Zip are all named "T1" (which is the default name given an input box) and therefore will only produce one result.

What you are asking - make sure some one puts information into a given input box, requires a custom php script and the addition of error messages given to instruct the user that they need to place input into the field.

It would be far eaiser to take Naval's advice and follow his link to install the ABVFP that he describes.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Ok. Thank you.
        I will follow Navaldesign's advice and see how it goes.

Thanks for your help.
        Yvonne

Comment

Hi Navaldesign where is the exact download link?
          When I click on the link that you provided it takes me to a long forum thread but I can't find the actuall download link for ABVFP.

Please advise
          Thanks
          Yvonne

Comment

Go here and look at the bottom for the download button..............
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thank you. I will download it now!
              Yvonne

Comment

Ok so I downloaded the ABVFP and installed it correctly. I went to create a form and use an existing one and then I got lost. Is there a tutorial I can watch when it comes to creating a form? I would like to use the 3 forms that I already created in Blue Voda. The forms are located at the following pages

www.discounthealthnetwork.com/add_url.html
                www.discounthealthnetwork.com/interview.html
                www.discounthealthnetwork.com/group_quote.html

All I really want to do is make it so that the forms will not work if you don't enter the required information. Right now all someone has to do is click on submit and an email will be generated.

I am so lost on trying to recreate these forms in ABFVP and I am not sure what to do next.
                Please help
                Thanks
                Yvonne

Comment

Create your form, following the MS word tutorial that Naval included in the ABVFP package and you should be fine. For the most part, required fields require an R next to the appropriate letter of the field. I can't look at the file right now to give up much help, but trust me, if you follow Naval's tutorial to the T, you shouldn't have any problems. I created this form doing exactly what you are talking about...check it out. www.mypersonaloffice.biz/contactform.html

Comment

Originally posted by yhopson
                    Ok so I downloaded the ABVFP and installed it correctly. I went to create a form and use an existing one and then I got lost. Is there a tutorial I can watch when it comes to creating a form? I would like to use the 3 forms that I already created in Blue Voda. The forms are located at the following pages

www.discounthealthnetwork.com/add_url.html
                    www.discounthealthnetwork.com/interview.html
                    www.discounthealthnetwork.com/group_quote.html

All I really want to do is make it so that the forms will not work if you don't enter the required information. Right now all someone has to do is click on submit and an email will be generated.

I am so lost on trying to recreate these forms in ABFVP and I am not sure what to do next.
                    Please help
                    Thanks
                    You don't need to recreate the forms. You simply need to change the field names. If, f.e. you had the "Name" field named like that, and you want to make it required, you need to rename the field to "Name-R". The "-R" will be automatically striped from the emails, so no worry about this. I also always suggest that the fields are also limited in length, and i also suggest that you limit the possbility to have the @ sign, by making it "Name-RA" . A stands (look at the tutorial) for a 30 chrs ling field, and also NO @ symbol allowed. This is to prevent your form being used for spam.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Psignomen, General? AliensAnonymous might be seeking your assistance here....
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

For some reason I still can't seem to figure it all out and I keep getting hundreds of form submittals that are all blank because I can't seem to figure out how to make the information required in order to submit it to me. Where is the exact tutorial that I need to watch to make this work? Thanks for your help.
                        Yvonne

Comment

If you have installed ABVFP it is enough to add a -R at the end of the field name. However, BV9 has added validation to he form features, so you can now do it from within BV
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you.
                            I will try it again in BV.
                            Yvonne

Comment

The first field in my form is name, which is a required field. It is a white field and is not yellow as all the required fields are. How do I correct this. Also. I get an error message when a phone number is put in saying no dashes allowed. Need help with that too.
                              Thanks in advance,
                              Larry

Comment

Working...
                              X