Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice please

Hi,

I have just been contacted by a compnay that offers back linking and i can certainly see the benefit in what what said. Has anyone used this method to get their site up the ranks. One of my sites is very niche so I can see how and why it could work on this site but not on some of my others. Any advice gratefully received. Just some more info. The top listing on my main search term has 412 links to it and we discussed getting 500 lniks, linked to relative articles to my site to get me up the ranks.

cheers

Dave
    Dave

Law of Attraction Books
    Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
    Reiki Books

Re: advice please

Background info on backlinking

When search engines "look" at your website, they also take into account the number of websites that link to your site, as well as the types of websites that link to your site. A higher quality backlink will have more weight than a lower quality link.

Understanding how backlinking works in terms of SEO strategy is understanding what makes a link a high quality link. A high quality link to your site is one that will include one or more of your website keywords in the anchor text. (The anchor text of a link is the actual part of the link that is clicked and takes the person doing the clicking to your website). The reason a link with the keyword in the anchor text is given more weight than links without your keywords in the anchor text is that it appears that the links are coming from sites with related information when the keywords are found within the anchor text.

A website that has hundreds of incoming links from sites with no relevance to the subject matter of your website will not be as beneficial in terms of search engine optimization as a website with just a few dozen backlinks containing your keywords in the anchor text.

Hope this sheds a little more insight on this topic.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Re: advice please

thanks for the advice.

with these guys I provide them with keywords and phrases/ an article that is relevant to my site, they then link each keyword/phrase to the site, they build up to 500 links over a three month period then maintain or grow the links as I want to from there,

they did explain about the queslity of links quite thoroughly, just as you have done. After 3 months I can end the contract if I am not happy with the result.

dave
      Dave

Law of Attraction Books
      Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
      Reiki Books

Comment

Working...
      X