Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so confused!

Hi again all!

I am totally lost! I really need to get a site up and running fast - and know what I want. BUT!!! Do I need to use a template - or can I just wing it knowing what I want to go where? The template thing is really confusing me - none seem to be what I want, colors are all wrong, and I don't want to pay outrageous amounts to have something "customized".
    Most of the language on here is extremely confusing me - have no idea what most of it is! Flash, oscommerce, etc!! AAAAHHHHH!
    I know I'm tech challenged - but this is ridiculous!

Can anybody help mesort this all out?

Thanks!

Sheri

Re: I am so confused!

Sheri, are you using BlueVoda website builder or Soho ?

If its BV just start viewing a few of the video tutorials and then go for it.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by girlwrangler
      Hi again all!

I am totally lost! I really need to get a site up and running fast - and know what I want. BUT!!! Do I need to use a template - or can I just wing it knowing what I want to go where? The template thing is really confusing me - none seem to be what I want, colors are all wrong, and I don't want to pay outrageous amounts to have something "customized".
      Most of the language on here is extremely confusing me - have no idea what most of it is! Flash, oscommerce, etc!! AAAAHHHHH!
      I know I'm tech challenged - but this is ridiculous!

Can anybody help mesort this all out?

Thanks!

Sheri
      You know what Sheri? Don't worry about the language. Just set the page up the way you want it to be. When you get a 'look' you like with a header ,menu, etc, you can make a page with JUST THAT on it and it will become your 'template', or basic set-up,for other pages on your site, so you will have a nice consistant flow through your site. That is pretty much what a template is for.

One really important thing to do befoe you build, though, is to have a good idea of what you want the site to be, and generally how you want to set it up. I did mine on paper, with pretty crude sketches, and I made a list of all the pages I thought I wanted.

A good plan will serve you well; the better it is, the less likely you will be to overlook some critical piece.

Once you have a plan, go for it. Make your home page, and save is as index, lowercase only.

You are on your way, you can do this.

Good luck.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks - but I guess I have to use Soho because I need to put paypal and credit cards on there - is that right?
        I watched the tutorials, but like I said, the terminology loses me! I don't know what it is so I don't know if I need it!?
        Is Soho more difficult?

Sheri

Comment

I am just building my first site and using Blue Voda. The checkout thing has had me concerned and I decided to go with paypal and their shopping cart. Paypal made it quite easy and returned my one phone call within the hour. With the merchant account the buyer has the flexibility to use just a credit card and paypal still does all the financials. Of course they take their commission.

Ron

Comment

Working...
          X