Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help w/ form!!! please?

Konban wa,
    Okay, i made this form on my website that i really need help with.
    Here's the link:

and notice how it has the file upload thing...

i was testing out the form to see if everything was right and when i recieved the msg it had almost everything right except for the file that i had uploaded through the form...

I thought the form was supposed to send me the file as an attachment...no?

can someone please help me i dont know what im supposed to do for this one? I've watched both Forms turtorials but none of them had anything on how to use the file upload thingy...help please?

Any suggestions or answers to this problem would help!
    Dyiko_Kakiishi

Re: Need Help w/ form!!! please?

The ABVFP word document tutorial explains how this works i believe.
    Best Regards,
    Alex
    Surveillance Systems
    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
    Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

ummm...where do i find that tutorial at?
      Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

It came with all the other files when you downloaded it the first time.-.....
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

To have a "Upload File" field you need to have a script that is capable of processing file uploads. There is one, such upload file script in How to upload a file using a form which will also process the rest of the fields.

However, it would be by far better if you use the Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
          which will also send you the files as attachments to your email. Also, ABVFP has a lot of other features, as security measures, customizable autoresponder, database storing etc. The tutorial David is refering to is included in the ABVFP zip, in Word format. You can download it from here.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

okay...sorry for the late reply...but i was kind of distracted and wasn't able to work on my Form Layout...very sorry. Probably Naval has already deleted his subscription to this here thread but im hoping someone can STILL help me!! >.<;; so anyway...When i try to read the word document...it says :
            Unable to load graphics conversion filter. Continue with document conversion?

and when i push 'yes' it says the same thing, when i push 'no' it says :

An unexpected error occurred while reading document [insert document file name]

sorry but the [insert document file name] is NOT included in there but its just the file name..unless of course you guys need that part then i'll take my time to type it all in here...

so can anyone help? If anyone even reads this anymore...>.>;;
            Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

Which Word document ?
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

When i downloaded ABVFP i opened it and went

first to BV pages and messed with the pages there (i dont know if im supposed to do that but i did)

then after a while when i didnt know what to do with the pages i was messing with

i went to "Turtorial" and it went to a page with nothing else but a word document named "Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor Tutorial" [DOC file]

so umm...? I believe thats the "word format" thing there. I am supposed to read this word document, no?
                Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

Yes, you are supposed to read this Tutorial. It contains ALL the necessary instructions on how to install and correctly use ABVFP as well as how to correctly create your form.

If file is ok, and hundreds of members of this forum have downloaded the same zip and used it. So, you either have a corrupted download, or you have a problem with your Word (on your computer)
                  Navaldesign

Comment

To read this file do i have to have " Microsoft word?" does every computer come with that? All that i know i have is word pad...and thats about it?? so does it have to do with the fact that i dont have Microsoft word?
                    Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

Right click the file, look for "Open with" and choose Wordpad.
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

okay im going to do that right now!
                        Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

okay! At first it did the exact same thing it did in the first place! but i got persistent and kept on clicking "yes" so now it did it!! yay! But just in case i copied it all down into notepad...i dont trust wordpad...i know its going to make me have to push the button again a thousand times!! >.<;;

anyway thank you very much both of you for your help! And i'll try to get more things in my slow brain so i dont have to bother you as much!

Doomo Arigato Gozaimasu!
                          Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

Oh gomen! (sorry) and thankyou Alex and David!
                            Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

Working...
                            X