Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to show a BV page as a Gallery Image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to show a BV page as a Gallery Image?

Hi Everyone... How can I show a BV page as a Gallery image? I sure would like to thumbnail a BV page/picture.. then see it pop up to large size.
    You all have been so very helpful to me... Thank you... Doug

Re: How to show a BV page as a Gallery Image?

Unless the BV pages are published and you have a script that will take a picture of the webpage, the only other way would be to manually take a screenshot of the BV page and create a thumbnail for it. Create an image link using the thumbnail that links to the full picture.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

If it's not a published page, you could take a screenshot of the page in preview and cut it as necessary to show how you want, then save it as an image.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi.. The screen shot to image is simple enough.. but the picture quality is poor.. I was hoping to find a way to create a better quality photo shot.. If you have any ideas.. I'd appreciate your input... Doug

Comment

Screenshots by default are saved as .gif (and in some programs .bmp), but the clearest images are still going to be .jpg >>> if, that is , your photo editor offers the ability to "*****en" and then "despeckle" the image before re-saving it with a different title (this sequence also allows the original image to remain preserved -- saving the edited image with a new title).

Further, by reducing the image in size by at least 20%, it will become noticably clearer after applying the above mentioned 2 processes.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Like this?
            www.zone5pix.com/bz/bv-gallery.html

I used the lowest possible settings for quaility for ease of opening.
            I did a screen capture and edited it in PhotoShop and "Saved for the Web".
            I opened a new page in BV and used the gallery feature with just this one image.
            Published to a test folder to not clutter my server files.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
              Screenshots by default are saved as .gif (and in some programs .bmp), but the clearest images are still going to be .jpg >>> if, that is , your photo editor offers the ability to "*****en" and then "despeckle" the image before re-saving it with a different title (this sequence also allows the original image to remain preserved -- saving the edited image with a new title).

Further, by reducing the image in size by at least 20%, it will become noticably clearer after applying the above mentioned 2 processes.
              Just as a side note, if your are using ms paint to save your print screens, you shouldn't use jpg format (Unless you want a very poor quality image). Paint does a terrible job compressing the image and it is almost guarenteed to turn out blurry.

Also when creating the thumbnail, reduce the size with the closest pixel ratio possible, this will help prevent it from looking stretched. (800x600 is a 4x3 ratio, so if you want it 200 wide, make it 200x150)

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks everybody... I'll use your tips and give it a go... Doug

Comment

try this:

screenshot of ACTIVE WINDOW....hold down the "ALT" key and press "Print Screen" key e.g. ALT+PrtScr --actual key label may vary
                  Now to open Paint using the keyboard (fastest in my opinion) do the following:
                  Logo+R --(Logo=the windows logo key)
                  *this opens the run dialog box. If you don't have the logo key on your keyboard, then simply click Start>Run
                  in the box, type: mspaint.exe
                  when it opens press Ctrl+V to paste

--you will see that only the active window was captured and not the entire screen (useful if you're like me and have the desktop spanning two to three monitors, lol)
                  *Note-next time you need to use Paint, all you need to do is hit Logo+R then Enter ...easy.

NetMeeting's "Whiteboard" has a feature where you can capture an open window too.

hope this helps with a tricky task or two..or three! hehe
                  Robert
                  www.GraphXntrix.com
                  Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Working...
                  X