a question about loading oscommerce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question about loading oscommerce

Hi everyone - The first thing I would like to say is that this forum is pretty neat. Anything that helps is a positive step, and its great that you can get help/info from so many people.

Anyway, I have a domain (not yet located here, presently on another server, but I plan to move it shortly). I would like to open a store, using oscommerce. - another member here has already pointed me to how this is done.

My question is: Do I need to reserve/buy a domain name that matches my intended store name ? Or what do you guys recommend ? My existing domain/web site is called favoriteprojects.com, if that will help to explain any suggestions that you might have to offer.

thanks in advance, terry

favoriteprojects.com sounds fine to me... Nice and short and easy to remember.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

locating a store/sub domains

Would someone be kind enough to explain how I could locate a new store in an existing domain ?

Wouldn't I have to create a sub domain to locate the store in ? (Favoriteprojects is a web site that already exists) - I tried to upload oscommerce to it yesterday, and it went somewhere, but when I brought up favorite projects, all I got was my existing web site ???? So, I deleted os comm, so I could start over.

While I'm at this, is there someone here that's good at naming domains and sub domains that I could maybe e-mail a few times with some questions ?

Comment

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding what you're looking to do, all you have to do is add the name of the install directory to your url. For instance, when you install OS Commerce, you are asked to name the directory in which you want it installed. If you named it "store" for example, you would access it by going to yoursite.com/store.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

thanks for the info. I think that what you have suggested will work for me. I just realized that I haven't even moved my site into this hosting space yet, so maybe I should do that first and then work on one problem at a time.

Comment

LOL It's always a good idea to place the horse in front of the cart.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
            X