centering my page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• centering my page

i am having trouble centering my page. i have clicked on cener page in the page properties, but it seems like it's not working. i have three pages up and they are all over the place.
    http://www.creativeeventsdesign.com

is there another way to center the page. code i can manually put into place?

Re: centering my page

It is recommended that the page width of your pages be a maximum of '800 width. This allows all viewers to view your website without sideways scrolling regardless of the resolution of their own computer.

By building a webpage tight to the top and tight to the left and keeping all elements within the '800 mark on the right, you can accomplish this.

If all your pages are built at this '800 width, and you have ticked center in browser, you will have accomplished the same for all of your pages.

A background color can be applied which will then fill in around the sides (right and left) of your webpage for those viewing in higher resolution.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

ok, thanks. i will give that a try right now. i thought for somereason how the page looked in bv was how it would come out online.
      do you by chance know where i can find that bv link that you put on your page, so if people click it i can get paid. i know they sent an email around but i lost that mail.

Comment

well this is weird. the homepage is now perfect. but the other two just re aligned in the top left of the browser. it's like sometimes it will do it then you publish again and it stops doing it.
        the other two pages have been renames to just contact and pricing. there is no html extension on the pages. do you think that makes the difference.

Comment

You have to do three things in order for your page to center.

One- keep all the content to the left of the 800 pixel mark.

Two-Right click on the page and put a check in "center in browser".

Three- right click on the page for page properties and make sure that the width is 800 or less.

Save and publish.

Andy

**Note- when working on the page and moving elements around, as soon as you move something to the right of the 800 pixel mark, the page automatically adjusts. Even if you move the element back - the adjustment will stick. That is why you MUST check the width each time before publishing.
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShot
            ok, thanks. i will give that a try right now. i thought for somereason how the page looked in bv was how it would come out online.
            do you by chance know where i can find that bv link that you put on your page, so if people click it i can get paid. i know they sent an email around but i lost that mail.

That would be your affiliate id ... You sign up to the voda host affiliate program and they will send you your own affiliate id number, and you will have an area to log in and obtain the logos of your choice ...

Here is the link to join or sign in if you are already a member

http://www.vodahost.com/partner/index.php

I would check on my page properties to be sure it is set to the '800 width and again make sure nothing is outside of that, but I would also check on page properties to be sure that html is the file extension being used when publishing ... I do notice one of your pages is not .html ... strange, lol ... but if all of this is checked and you republish your pages you should see results ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You have to do three things in order for your page to center.

One- keep all the content to the left of the 800 pixel mark.

Two-Right click on the page and put a check in "center in browser".

Three- right click on the page for page properties and make sure that the width is 800 or less.

Save and publish.

Andy
              Does this apply for a background image also? I have made my own background image for my frontpage and have a problem fitting it to the page in the program. When I tried this in the program I ended up with a small image in the center of the page on preview.

Comment

Insert your background image as an image, rather than as a background. Click the image button on the toolbar, insert the image that way and then place other page elements on top of it.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks racefan20. I've used a black background then inserted an image on top of that. But that's all I want for the frontpage.......I want to be able to click on the frontpage to enter the rest of the site. Hummm.....if the image is centered in the middle of the screen on preview but small and not covering the whole screen.....is that right? Will it cover the whole screen on the website? I have no clue how all this is supposed to work. Lol

Comment

Hi Casey,
                    Background in page properties is an image (think of it as an image even if you use a plain colour) that will be seen as a background covering the viewers whole screen behind the actual page you have designed. To understand the concept, open a new page in bluevoda as a blank page. Now right click anywhere on the page and next click on page properties. On the second tab (background) go to the small box at the extreme right of the line called "image". This allows you to browse your files and I suggest you open a small image file, When you have OK'd it all you will see that image repeat all over your screen. This gives a background from a, hopefully, very small file. If you want an image as a background to your actual page, then the image must be saved as your page size (800 x 600px, or whatever size you are designing your page) and then imported to the page as an image.
                    http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

I don't ever really recommend an image as a background unless it is designed to look good while it repeats itself. (Examples, of background images that look good, are one colour image, perhaps checkerboard, (although not my favorite) but an image that evenly distributes itself across the entire page) Even if you make your image '800 x '600 and apply it as a background it will repeat itself any amount of times dependent upon the viewers own screen resolution.

So if you have applied black as the color background, and then inserted your image as an image on your page, the size that you are looking at in your web builder will be the size it appears on the screen ...

I think you want them to click on the picture to enter your site ...

If you make your page properties background black, then add a black shape on top of it, (or whatever color is going to look good behind your picture) with borders, and then add a half decent size picture, I would recommend probably at least 400' by 400' or so, and you could add a border around the picture, then add the words Enter Site on top of the picture, and link the picture to the next page that you would like them to go to ...

This would work for you ....

Just decorate around a bit and you could have a nice looking page to enter your site by ...

A background of a page is really designed to cover the viewer's entire screen, regardless of it's color, but should be something that does not repeat itself in the fashion that only half of it shows when repeating itself, always looks strange and unappealing that way ....

Hope this helps ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I think you want them to click on the picture to enter your site ...
                        Thanks LadyEye, this is just what I want!

I don't ever really recommend an image as a background unless it is designed to look good while it repeats itself.
                        I kind of thought my image was the problem......so this is the answer I was looking for. I will try to redesign my image to repeat itself for a background. (and not have half of my drawings showing, lol)

Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
                        X