PDA

View Full Version : html question

sciantro
03-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Hello All,
I have created 3 pages--they all view correctly--when opened--in file manager--why do they not view correctly when I transfer them using Blue voda New file transfer html--to create the page--Some of the banners do not show--and some of the text is off--I'm getting very fustrated--I thought this was supposed to be easy.
Yours Truly

successwithsteve.com

Steven Ciantro
help@americandebtenders.com

davidundalicia
03-31-2007, 07:10 PM
It is easy if you use the right tools..........Just publish your BlueVoda pages
to your Vodahost server and there you have it..................

sciantro
03-31-2007, 07:34 PM
David,
Thank you for replying--but, when I open Bluevoda--I go to file-newpage--from existing html---browse my computer for the html file(which visualizes perfectly--up to this point) when I bring the page over--it does not view smoothly--I do not understand your answer--

Yours Truly

Steven Ciantro
Help@americandebtenders.com

davidundalicia
03-31-2007, 07:43 PM
Steven, once you have created and saved a page in bluevoda
click on the publish icon
or use the file - publish

This should then PUBLISH your page to your website...........

davidundalicia
03-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Sorry steven, I just reread you first post again.....
It is now clear that you have IMPORTED an html page and not used BV to create the page manually.

Its normal when importing internally or from the web, that you have to do a little more work on that page.
1).. the banner gif/jpg´s are not on your computer, so BV cannot find them(may be in your cache)

2).. Text will normally have to be realigned.

Reason: BV is an inhouse web builder and should only be used to publish to the vodahost servers...................

sciantro
03-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Thank you again--
I understand the problem--and I believe it to be a significant one--for me---The original HTML code was only altered by me--in terms of adding the banners---these pages serve only as hit pages --in a fully automated traffic system---is there an easier way to accomplish there findability on the internet using my successwithsteve.com domain name--and blue voda--if not--i'm thinking blue voda will not help me. I have no idea how to alter the pages so blue voda can see them--etc..

Yours Truly

Steve
help@americandebtenders.com

Bethers
03-31-2007, 08:47 PM
If you are comfortable working with your pages as straight HTML - you can continue to do so from the control panel - and not use BV - and still have your account with VodaHost. BV is just one of the software options you ALSO have.

davidundalicia
03-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Steve, I have just imported your FAT page from the web
and I can see all the html code......what exactly are you trying to do??

sciantro
03-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks David,
I only want a URL that I can use so people can find it--there are 3 different pages--They only function as hit pages--and are currently complete--my domain name is successwithsteve.com--do I just rename the files--from file manager--I think that is to easy--to explain it another way--I need, 3 addresses in the domain successwithsteve.com so the pages can be accessed. Also, Bethers--thank you to you--please feel free to jump in again.

Yours Truly

Steven

davidundalicia
03-31-2007, 11:54 PM
Thats simple then Steve,

Just create a single page, save as index
and include the 3 links that you require.

OR single page as above with a redirect to your opening landing page

Or redirect successwithsteve.com directly to you landing page on your other site.

Hope that helps...........

I use a lot of 1 page sites written only in html and I usually create a single page in BV and add all the html into a html box in BV........more info available if you wish.

good luck

sciantro
04-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Thank you again for the help--but--I now have, as per previos advice- on my index page of successwithsteve.com, my 3 hit pages--

the full addresses are as follows:
http://www.successwithsteve.com/hitpage0.html

http://www.successwithsteve.com/hitpage1.html

http://www.successwithsteve.com/hitpage2.html

They appear on the index as:
hitpage0.html, hitpage1.html, hitpage2.html

Here is the problem, only hitpage1 displays with no problems--hit pages 0, and 2 display fine, then after a few seconds, I get an error message that says explorer cannot display the page---I have checked my fire walls, ets-the pages are virtually identical, except for some of the banner ads-
I simply cannot figure out the problem--

Thanking you again in advance for your help

Steven

davidundalicia
04-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Both 0 and 2 have popups, where as 1 does not...that could be the problem...

All 3 display in my web browser OK...........(Opera).......

sciantro
04-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks David,
I'm thinking the problem has to be on my own system--which is ok--I'm going tp complete the project--and see what happens---If you are interested in this system--F.A.T. which does-generate very high real people traffic to any website--I have pre-recorded trainings--they are free --to anyone--I got turned on to this in a free training class in my www.sciantro.veretekk.com (http://www.sciantro.veretekk.com) free system. Thank you for all the help...it is much appreciated.

Yours Truly

Steven Ciantro
Help@americandebtenders.com