Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to contact Google/other search engines to be searchable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to contact Google/other search engines to be searchable?

Howdy!

I have used Keyword Digger and changed my pages accordingly, but I don't know if there is something else that I am supposed to do to be sure that my pages are being found.

Do I register with each search engine or something? Or is that only something that you do if you want to pay for being a featured advertiser?

Thanks!!!

Lori
    Lori
    www.lkarts.com
    Acting Teacher, Actor, Singer

"Remember, if you're getting kicked from behind, you must be out in front!"

Re: Do I need to contact Google/other search engines to be searchable?

You might make a sitemap for your page, if you check under the search engine optimization area of this forum, you will find several threads with suggested places to visit to make a sitemap and insert it in your public_html directory ...

Here is one thread for instance giving a site map generator to use with the instructions to do so on the site ...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sea...-problems.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Where do I find the public html place to put the code in my pages?
      Lori
      www.lkarts.com

Comment

Originally posted by lorikirstein
        Where do I find the public html place to put the code in my pages?
        public_html is the directory within your control panel. It is the directory that contains all of the pages that you have published for your website.

Once you make your site map with one of the free site map generators, you save that file to your computer, and then upload it to your public_html directory via your ftp publisher ... Are you familiar with that??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Not really. But I did do as you suggested and follow the links, and now I have my code that I can put into the directory. But my questions are (1) where to find public_html directory and (2) the ftp publisher: when to use, why and so forth, when publishing seems to replace ftp-ing. No?
          Lori
          www.lkarts.com

Comment

Okay, the ftp manger does not ever replace publishing. You do always need to publish your website pages you built.

The pubic_directory is found firstly by signing into your control panel. Have you ever been there? Once you have signed in, go into File Manager, you will then see a file called public_html - this is the root directory for your website.

The ftp manager is another area where you need to sign in. The easiest way to get there is by opening a new blue voda page, and go to tools, then ftp manager, then you will need to connect ... you will then again be asked for your user name and password ... Once you are connected, you will see your files for your website, on the right, and the files for your computer on the left, you will then drag the file from the left to the right ... this uploads this sitemap into your public_html directory. (On the right be sure to open up public_html directory by double clicking on it. ) You will then have your site map in your public_html directory ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You're awesome! I'll go try all of that. Thank you so much!!!
              Lori
              www.lkarts.com

Comment

You're awesome! I'll go try all of that. Thank you so much!!!

Good Luck, you'll figure it all out I am certain ... Post back with any snags along the way ... ty

You can then go here http://www.google.com/support/accounts/ and set yourself up a google webmaster account and follow through there, there is tons you can do ....

Have you read beth's seo tips?? Another good read to be sure you have everything in place ..... http://www.moxie-enter-prises.com/SEO-The-Basics.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Egad, but you're my new best friend! Thank you, m'Lady!
                  Lori
                  www.lkarts.com

Comment

Egad, but you're my new best friend! Thank you, m'Lady!
                    Love New Friends!! That's great ... You are very welcome!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Have a marvelous day! I think I need to get away from this computer for a little while before I tear it's hair out!!!
                      Lori
                      www.lkarts.com

Comment

Have a marvelous day! I think I need to get away from this computer for a little while before I tear it's hair out!!!

lol ... Read your other thread first, you're not done yet!!!

Have a great day though!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

oh my...I'm back, and it's time to tear my hair out again. But I'll make it - with your help and that of all the other awesome and brilliant people here - I'll make it.

You have a great day too!!!
                          Lori
                          www.lkarts.com

Comment

Working...
                          X