forum themes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum themes

I am trying to change the theme on my forum and have tried downloading different themes but they always seem to save as tlp which no idea what it means..also I have looked for the location of where the forum would be in my c:drive so that I could check the themes/templates but have not found anything..then I went to a website where it was supposed to offer something but there is no such site or maybe I looked it up wrong http://www.your-domain/phpBB2/templates/ this is the link that I waas given the site I got that from was http://www.phpbb-design.com/ am I even going in the right direction?

Re: forum themes

Is your forum on a web server or on your pc?
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

you can find my forum here http://systematicnightmare.com/Forum/ not sure if that really helps

Comment

You should check out the tutorials on this page, they'll help you a lot.

http://www.vodahost.com/tut_phpbb.htm
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

they are very imformative..just not the information i am looking for such as web loaction of my forum themes..how to install the themes/templates into my forum etc etc

Comment

Your forum files are on the web server. Do you know how to connect to the server through ftp? (Forgive me for a simple question, but it's best to start with the basics.)
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

That's ok simple works for me..I had to buy computers for dummies just to figure out how to turn this thing on..not really but you know what i mean..I am still very green in the area of the computer

Comment

Okay. Open Blue Voda. At the top of the screen, click tools then ftp manager. You'll see a pop up - enter the same details you use to publish your pages and click connect.

Once connected, you'll see file lists on the left and right of your screen. The files on the left are the BV folder in the My Documents area on your pc. The files on the right are on the webserver. On the right side, find public_html and double click it to open it. The files you now see are the files in the root directory of your site.

Look for the folder labeled Forum - this is where your forum's file reside. Double click to opn it, and you'll see yet another list of files. The folder you're looking for is the one marked Templates.

Before I go any further, have you found and downloaded any styles you want to use for your forum?
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Ok I got there and i have everything open...yes i found a style that i want to use and have downloaded it already

Comment

Originally posted by Systematic nightmare
                    Ok I got there and i have everything open...yes i found a style that i want to use and have downloaded it already
                    Okay, on the left side of your screen, navigate to where you have that style saved. It should be inside its own folder, and you'll want to upload the entire folder to the Templates directory. To do that, double click the Templates folder to open it if you haven't already. Then, click and hold your mouse cursor on the style's folder and drag it to the right side of the screen. You'll see the files being transferred.

Once that process is finished, log into your forum's admin panel, look for Styles Admin, choose Add. You should see the style listed there and you simpy click install.
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I have 2 differwent things showing for the style I want..1 is a css and the other is a cfg

Comment

A style should have far more files than just two.
                        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

http://www.phpbb-design.com/ this is the site where i got the style from it's the bcBlack ..

Comment

is there another site that you know of where i could find a style ?

Comment

I see the problem. Whoever uploaded that thing didn't upload it inside a folder. Hang on a sec and I'll make this easier for you.
                              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X