Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I click my online email link, my Outlook opens but w/o an address in To field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I click my online email link, my Outlook opens but w/o an address in To field

Honestly, what I really truly want to do is have my mail forward to my yahoo account. But first they have to send the mail - I guess that seems a good place to start!

How do I make that email address (that is: mine), pop up when someone clicks on my address?

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by lorikirstein; 04-01-2007, 04:04 AM. Reason: misspelling
    Lori
    www.lkarts.com
    Acting Teacher, Actor, Singer

"Remember, if you're getting kicked from behind, you must be out in front!"

Re: When I click my online email link, my Outlook opens but w/o an address in To field

do this:highlight your email address, go to Insert, LinkIn the link Type, select mailto:In the URL, type in your e-mail address after the colon in mailto. It should look like this, (mailto:soandsor@vodahost.com)

Comment

Re: When I click my online email link, my Outlook opens but w/o an address in To field

Cool! I got that working. But where does the email go? Is that when I go to cPanel and start trying to figure out what is going on where?
      Lori
      www.lkarts.com

Comment

sorry about the last post. I'm surprise you read through to figure out what i was saying. there is a glitch in my system and it wasn't reading the Enters. Anyway, the mail goes to whatever email you put in the mailto box. I would recommend that you put your current email (not the one that comes with your website) for now until you figure out how to use the new e-mail account. I can't help you with the mail other than recommending that you go to the tutorials and watch the ones on email.

Comment

[quote=AmaDee]"Anyway, the mail goes to whatever email you put in the mailto box. I would recommend that you put your current email (not the one that comes with your website) for now until you figure out how to use the new e-mail account."

Questions (of course):

Current email = Now, I set up an email account in cPanel, but I really need a kind of mental global on what I'm trying to accomplish. Am I trying to make an online mailbox first, and then doing a forward? Or what?

Gawd, I just wish I had an overview. This is all so new to me!

Thanks, Ms. Dee!
          Lori
          www.lkarts.com

Comment

login to cpanel, click on mail, then Manage/Add/Remove accounts. At the bottom, click on Add Account. Give the account a name, like admin, and provide a password; click create. That's it. When you want to check your mail, go to the same page that you go to to log into cpanel. Next to cpanel login, you should see webmail login. click that, type in admin@yourdomain.com for the user name and enter the password that you assigned to the domain. It should take you to a page that basically asks you for the language you want the mail displayed in. Just click Login and it should take you to your mail. After all this, if you're still having problems, come back and post.

Comment

I so appreciate your help! I can't tell you how much.

Well, what happens is that when I click on webmail login, it gives me two options - SquirrelMail and something else I can't remember the name of. But, I can't open either one of those! I'm not sure why! I've been able to in the past - when poking around looking for answers - but I can't now! Any thoughts on that?
              Lori
              www.lkarts.com

Comment

my computer is really slow right now, so sorry it's taking me a while. it keeps signing me in and out and every which way. anyway, don't click on webmail...rather, click on mail, set up the account, and login through the customer login page, as you do to get to cpanel and you shouldn't have any problem. The other mail service is Horde and that's the only one that I or my clients use. So far so go.

Comment

Do you have any idea why I might be getting these error messages when trying to sign on to my webmail?
                  Attached Files
                  Lori
                  www.lkarts.com

Comment

i have no idea. try this. go to vodahost.com; customer login; select the webmail login link for your server; username should be cpanelusdername@yourdomainname.com and your password should be the same password you use to login to cpanel. click horde; click login, and you should be there. PS: i can't verify info as my connection is not too good, so if you get stuck, come back.

Comment

Y'know, I think this deserves a ticket. I'm going to put one in, because I don't think there's anything at all that you or I are doing that's wrong here - but I just can't get in right now. May I contact you afterwards? (Maybe tomorrow if it's getting too late.)

Again, thank you!
                      Lori
                      www.lkarts.com

Comment

yes, you may contact me. before you put in a support ticket, may i suggest that you read past posts about the problem you are having. I have a feeling people have had this problem and were helped on the forum. this frees up the support team to help out with problems that can not be solved on the forum...just a thought.

Comment

Actually, I sent a ticket and they didn't know what I was talking about.
                          Lori
                          www.lkarts.com

Comment

Working...
                          X