Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing help required

G'day guys,
    I'm new at this, I'm having issues attempting to publish my web-site and the last suggestion from the help-desk is that I highlight navigation bar in the webpage and hit delete before saving and attempting again to publish.
    How do I do this and which navigation bar?
    By navigation bar do they mean this the strips of icons that run across the top and side of the page including the publish icon? And if so, how do I attempt to publish if I do manage to delete them? I can see how to hide them.
    Help please.

Re: Still trying to publish

I wish I could help you, but you have not supplied enough information. Please post your website so we can take a look. What exactly is the problem you are having publishing? If you can give us a little more info, we may be able to help.
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

The problem is that I am unable to publish so there is no web site to look at. It will be www.redmanrunners.com Because I have been unable to publish I have been in contact with vodahost support. We have had 7 emails go back and forth. The latest guess is to delete the navigation bar.

Comment

Ok, first question. The first page you are trying to publish...did you save it as index ? nothing else just index? If so, then the tab of the page should say index.bvp. Before you publish, you must save it. Then press publish and locate your ip address in the list. So make sure you are publishing to your ip address that was given to you in your welcome letter. Use your username and password. I am assuming you are publishing to your root directory, so the folder name would be something like
        public_html/redmanrunners. Is this what you have done so far?
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

have you checked your firewall? go to your control panel and check your security setting to make sure your firewall is not on. if so, turn it off and try to publish again. make sure your first page is called "index", without the quotes

Comment

Yes I have been through all of those steps with Vodahost support. All firewalls disabled. Shows up as index.bvp and folder name is public_html

Comment

Is your directory after the public_html as I mentioned above?
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

So when you go to publish, do you get an error message or what happens?
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I get a time out error.
                  On the publish page window prior to selecting publish it shows my
                  Server IP
                  username
                  Password
                  Folder: public_html

Comment

Ok, you have verfied that it is the correct ip address, your username and password are correct, and the folder is just, public_html. So you are not trying to publish to a directory at all?

As far as your first post above, no they would not be having you delete your menu bars. If you access your page right now, there is a file there that has a "Home" button in it called bv01001.gif. So maybe they are wanting you to delete that navigation button that is already there. I really don't know what that would have to do with it.

When you press publish, does it act like it's publishing for a while and then times out?
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

If you go to your menu bar and select tools, then options and click on the publish tab, what is your connection timeout set to?
                      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

All of your assumptions are correct. It does show as if it is attempting to publish but it does not show any progress across the "volume bar" and after about 10 secs it comes up with a time-out error

Comment

700secs. I have been through all of that with the support guys.

Comment

Wow 700 secs? I only have mine set to 90 secs. I don't think that matters, but I would change it to 90 or so. Have you tried installing to a directory? Do you know how to access your ftp manager from your bv webbuilder?
                            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks very much for your trouble. No I don't know how to do what you are suggesting. I know very little about this or computers and I very quickly get out of my depth. It is set to 700 because one of the suggested fixes from "support" was to make sure it was above 600.

Comment

Working...
                              X