how can i display an image for a short time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i display an image for a short time

I was how you can display an image for about 10 seconds or so, then automatically load the homepage after that time has passed. so if you went to my site, it would display my logo for ten seconds then load the homepage. anyone got any ideas?

Re: how can i display an image for a short time

Easily done.

First, you'll need to open your existing index page in BV and save it under another name, such as "home" or whatever you'd like. This is the page you'll redirect your visitor to.

With that done, open a new page in BV and on the top toolbar, click View > Page HTML. Click to open the 'between head tag' and paste the following code:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0;URL=http://www.yoursite.com/page_you_want_to_redirect_to.html">
    Change the 0 to the number of seconds you want the user to view the intro page, and of course change the url to the appropriate page for the redirection.

On this page, insert the logo, text, etc you want the visitor to initially see.

This page will become your new index page, so save it as index and then publish both this page and the "old" index page.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

wow, that is easy. thanks. i think i am gonna put that together right now.

Comment

I'll be around, let me know if you have any problems.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

no problems. it worked the first time. looks good. i am gonna put it aside and develop a better graphic, i think a five second display will work for me. thanks for the info. it's exactly what i was looking for.

Comment

Happy to help.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
            X