Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions to get started..

Hi all...

I have watched all of the tutorials repeatedly, and have played a bit, but have not had any luck. So, I need some help to at least get started...then I'll ask more!!

1. I want a very deep rich dark green background color - but can't find one or create the one I want. Can I scan something and somehow import it into BV to use?
    2. I would like a gold color for font - but not flat - shiny like real gold - how can I do that?
    3. I saw a border on another site that I'd like to use - edited slightly - how can I do that - I'm gonna guess I can import the page and edit from there? (if someone tells me I'm right I'll be a little pleased with myself for trying to pay attention and participate in class!)LOL
    4. Can I use any TT font - if so how do I import it into BV to use?

That will at least get me started so I don't feel like this is hopeless!

Thanks!!

Sheri

Re: Questions to get started..

Originally posted by girlwrangler
    Hi all...

I have watched all of the tutorials repeatedly, and have played a bit, but have not had any luck. So, I need some help to at least get started...then I'll ask more!!

1. I want a very deep rich dark green background color - but can't find one or create the one I want. Can I scan something and somehow import it into BV to use?
    2. I would like a gold color for font - but not flat - shiny like real gold - how can I do that?
    3. I saw a border on another site that I'd like to use - edited slightly - how can I do that - I'm gonna guess I can import the page and edit from there? (if someone tells me I'm right I'll be a little pleased with myself for trying to pay attention and participate in class!)LOL
    4. Can I use any TT font - if so how do I import it into BV to use?

That will at least get me started so I don't feel like this is hopeless!

Thanks!!

Sheri
    Hello Sheri and welcome to VodaLand. I am assuming you have received your welcome email when you purchased your account with Voda and have had no problems logging into your control panel or beginning to build pages. That's great. You can find your choice of background colors within the web builder under page properties or sounds like you may want to google your way through to find the exact background color you would like to use on your site by applying it to your background by right clicking on your page properties and selecting image as your background. You can find the font colors within your blue voda web builder, as you might have noticed while viewing the tutorials. You should always ask permission if you are taking anything from anyones site, however there are plenty free areas all over the world wide web to obtain the items you would like to have ...
    be careful with fonts, use only web friendly fonts, unless you are applying the specialty fonts to an image, in your image editing software or photoshop of choice ...

Good Luck
    Hope this helps

Have Fun

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ladyeye...

I am so lost! I don't even have a foggy idea of what this is all about. Terminology boggles me. And I'm just getting frustrated trying to get what I want.

I looked through some other posts last nite, and downloaded Paint.net - played a little and even that boggles me! It took me 2 hours to get a background to show up - and I can't remember what I did!

My biggest obstacle is getting a nice shiny gold for the text in the title, logo - whatever you call it. I'll use a plain font for all the rest of the text.

Can I set up colors, borders and logo in Paint and then put it into BV?

I think I need some step-by step tutoring or I'm going to end up paying someone 1,000's to get me up and running!

Sheri

Comment

Hi Girl Wrangler

Hmmm.... I can understand what you might be going through ...

If you like send along an email to me, perhaps you can describe or give me a better idea of things in an email and I'll see if I can help you out ...

You can contact me through my contact form on my website ...

I look forward to hearing from you ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You could try this to find the green you want and then hard code in or this one for the gold.
          Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
          FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Mook...

THANKS!!! That makes it easier! Now - how do I get the color to BV?
            And, how can I make the gold "shiny"?

Sheri

Comment

Working...
            X