going wooki over the wiki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going wooki over the wiki

Can anyone help me get into the wiki it says i need to be logged in as admin then tells me to type in http://yourhost.yourdomain/yourwikidir/admin.php which i think would be bluevoda for the host systematicnightmare for my domain and I have no idea what my wiki directory is and how would i be able to set my wiki once i get into it so that it matches my forum?...well i guess i should get one thing out of the way first then work on the other...I found a place online that is supposed to teach css but I don't know how good it is...if anyone can give me a heads about it http://www.w3schools.com

Re: going wooki over the wiki

The admin log in for the wiki is the details you entered during installation. The url to access it would be your site's name/wiki directory. Look at the url for your forum - the wiki would look the same, but with the wiki directory's name in place of Forum.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Not Found

The requested URL /wiki was not found on this server.
      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

this is what i get when i enter this

Comment

I tried it a couple different ways before deciding to just install the wiki again

Comment

When installing scripts, take a second to write down the details you're entering in the boxes before completing the install. It'll save you a lot of searching and headaches later.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

OK Now i am at the point of wanting to toss the comp out the window..I removed the Wiki again and re-installed it again then tried to log in as the admin ..used my username and pw that I gave when i installed it and it wont let me in

Comment

I looked through HTML4 for Dummies but apparently it is too advanced for me I guess i am just going to give up on everything

Comment

That's always a good idea - run into a couple problems and just quit.

If all of us had taken that path when we had problems the first time we built sites, the internet would be very empty.

There is a lot of trial and error involved in all of this and it takes time to learn it all. There are tons and tons of resources available on the web, you just need to look for them. Use Google, use the support forums for the respective scripts you want to use. But don't expect someone to come along and hold your hand every step of the way - you have to do your homework.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I am still going to learn to do this this I just had a breif moment but am over it now...I'm too stubborn to quit on it anyway..or I should say i am too competative to let this beat me

Comment

Working...
                  X