Page Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Properties

I have a few questions regarding the title of my page, and the page description, both found in page properties.

The title of my page is what I'll see in my browser tabs, right?

How important is the description? Will that show up anywhere for an end user to see/read?

My business is apartment locating, not a single one of my peers (1st page google results anyway, ie the pages that count) has anything other than "apartments in Austin, Austin Apartments..." about a dozen different ways to say the same thing. I presume that this is for the search engines to see?
    http://www.greenlightlocating.com

Re: Page Properties

Originally posted by barronj
    I have a few questions regarding the title of my page, and the page description, both found in page properties.

The title of my page is what I'll see in my browser tabs, right?

How important is the description? Will that show up anywhere for an end user to see/read?

My business is apartment locating, not a single one of my peers (1st page google results anyway, ie the pages that count) has anything other than "apartments in Austin, Austin Apartments..." about a dozen different ways to say the same thing. I presume that this is for the search engines to see?

You are correct that this title is what will show up in the browser and will be saved as if bookmarked ...

It should relate to the page you are describing.

In so far as a page description, this will be the description you will notice when you do a google search if you page comes up, it will describe briefly what this page contains ... So you should be accurate.

You can read more about basic seo tips in a guide written by bethers a member of this forum, I have a link to it in my tips, found in my signature here ...

Hope this helps ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X