losing alignment upon publishing????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing alignment upon publishing????

I was not going to publish this home page as in preview the page turns into a mess. notice the phone #, the text in the star, and the main body of text all jumps out of alignment when published. this seems to only happen to my home/index page as the links do not do this ie- buttons - products - and one other one. still putting this together so bear with me. can not find an answer that directly addresses this, although I thought I found it once but the thread got highjacked and never got there. I would sayI checked everything but obviously not. I have checked url's, object outlines, etc. please does anyone have an idea? thanx

blue
    id#11961
    www.salondecaro.com

Re: losing alignment upon publishing????

Hi Bluester... When I had that type of problem... Bethers suggested for me to use the one of the four best type of font for websites. Let's see
    New Roman Times, Arial, Veranda are three of them. And another thing I discovered that's probably more important ...is to open the text box wider than you need... not to tighten the text box area in to tight...around your text...that's my two bits.. Good Luck... Doug

Comment

thanx, I'll try anything !

Comment

Well I changed fonts opened up space etc. and it still jumps out of alignment. At least in preview, which I'm kinda glad as I really did'nt want to change the fonts anyway. Bites into any creativity getting knocked down to 3 fonts to choose from no? It is fustrating as it only seems to happen in home/index page. Judging from other threads I'm the only one who doesn't get this.

Comment

Bluester: In looking at your page, it appears to me that you have a lot of spaces in front of the phone number that is shifted to the right. Have you selected the blank space and tried to delete it. Have you tried deleting the text box and simply redo it. Are you using the align right, left, center or justify options? I know these are basic questions...but that's ususally where I start from in trying to help.
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Cindy found the problem with your phone numbers - you did not use a carriage return to go to the next line for the 2nd number, but have spaced - and you might see things somewhat right on your page, but those spaces have to go someplace when you look at it online. You'd be better using the enter (carriage return) to go to the 2nd line and type the 2nd number than forcing it with those spaces.

Also your Register Now - Go button is not aligned properly.

In your paragraphs - did you by chance copy and paste from a word processing program? If so, you are getting some of the spacing that an html program is trying to convert and isn't sure what/how to do so - mostly with spaces. You need to go into the text and make sure that you remove all the excess/unnecessary stuff that might have come over from the word processing.

That last is a guess - but could be giving you the spacing problem I see in the paragraphs.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

I think both of you should be forensic webologists for I am guilty of all things in bad text habits. No word processor, but I am a one digit typist that habitually uses spacebars, arrow keys, backspace, mouse, etc. to put text bodies where I want them, rarely using carrage returns, tabs & so on. Currently in rehab by having to tear through 19 web pages, revamping all text and subsequentaly learning how to type. I thank you both as this seems to be the whole problem. (solved)!

blue
              id# 11961
              www.salondecaro.com

Comment

Too funny!

Knowing your limitations is the first step to conquering the obstacles to greatness, and knowing nothing of surrender eventually resolves unto success.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X