X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE OFFICER'S CLUB -- A Place To Gather Daily

Ranking Officers Only!
    Stop In -- Say Hello -- Touch Base -- Keep in Contact -- Relax!

After much talk and discussion, I took it upon myself to establish a place all of us "Officers" can visit freely to check in with each other, to touch base, and to share some much needed humor.

Because there is a greater established camraderie amongst those of us who have been around for a while, it naturally is appropriate to limit this thread to those who have "Officer" rank .....not as a bias, but an indication of familiarity.

Rank comes so quickly that this is not much of a stipulation, and if it is for some, then the frivolity we share might not be your cup of tea after all, right?

Oh! And for those who smoke cigars, please restrict your enjoyment to the screened patio area!
    LOL
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Re: THE OFFICER'S CLUB -- A Place To Gather Daily

Good Afternoon Vasili - Nice Thread

(Had it been a Generals thread, we might have been able to entertain a little more, lol, know what Eye mean, lmao) (oh well, ho hum)

I've come to touch base, ha ha, "What's on First?" "Who's on Second" ... and guess what, "You've hit a Home Run" with this one!!

Very cool indeed, nice to have a thread that we can just babble about, and a smoking area, will you share your "Cuban" cigars if I venture to the screened patio. Smoking Allowed, how cool is that!!

Now just to show you how "green" I really am to all of this ranking, is it after you become a First Lieutenant that you are ranked an Officer?
    Please break it to me gently, as I am not sure!!

Oh and for some of those little piggies that might venture in here, please take note, this is not an "Officer's Mess" ... hee hee

LadyEye <wipes her feet, puts out "stogie", as she is really turning "green" and exits Officer's Club ... !! For Now!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok, stopping by to touch...something?....lol Ok, since I'm a smoker, I guess I will have to take up cigar smoking. I tried that once. also tried smoking a pipe...once.... Both made me sick to my stomach...so back to cigs. Do we have any Kaluha in this club! Also would like to ask for my favorite wine (at the moment) Silver Oak! Be back later when bar is stocked and happy hour hits!! lol
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

HMMM nothing like nepotism going on here! What makes this any different than the 500 other BS threads that have nothing to do with web building in general?

If I were a newbie Id be slightly ticked off that you had an OLD BOY club, and slightly intimidating implying they arent as good or as experienced or as knowledgeable as yourself, which MIGHT not be the case...!

We can post JOKES anywhere!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hey Karen: Only Vasili can answer your question, I guess, but I kind of look at this thread like all the others. Your right, no different than any of the others that say Women Only...or Men Only...where anyone posts anyway. I think this is just for fun!! After all, any forum member has RANK! As with all the BS treads that have nothing to do with webbuilding, people will post whatever they want, where ever they want, when ever they want, right? I know I do! lol

(But I also...see your point)
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

My my karen ... You've really "Hit the Deck" ... geesh, calm down darling ... the thread is merely a place to provide an opportunity to come in and here and post about nothing.

And may I remind you that this is what the "Lounge Area" is for ... nothing about web building ..

And Mr. Vasili did not imply that anybody was not as good, or knowledgeable or experienced what so ever ...

I really can't understand why you have such a "knot" about this ....

What makes this any different than the 500 other BS threads that have nothing to do with web building in general? <---------- and what's up with that?? Gee, excuse me if a few like to laugh, joke and carry on ....

So I guess, I'll take your "post" as a joke ....

Nice to see you come here though, can you wipe "your mouth" next time first!! ty

Popcorn Karen?????????????

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Nepotism Karen! Don’t think that’s quite the word I would use. Conceited! maybe.
              I do hope this is a post for April fools day & the post is removed.??????
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                Nepotism Karen! Don’t think that’s quite the word I would use. Conceited! maybe.
                I do hope this is a post for April fools day & the post is removed.??????

omg ... you can't be serious Chris ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I smoke cigars, so I think that I can use the patio, and as I am NOT wearing my hat, NO salutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
                  Mines a gin and tonic old boy.

Comment

A place to gather........hmm

How about gathering some eggs? lol

ps: supplying some popcorn too.

Comment

It seems that many of us are tripping over semantics and spilling the Kahlua on their tightly creased uniforms!

I appreciate you stopping in so early, Holly, just to belly up with a wonderfully inspiring smile on your face! Seems some others are having a rougher day, doesn't it?

Ahhhh......I am so sorry Karen that you don't approve of establishing a simple little place for some of us to gather and say hello, to light up, to drink ourselves silly, or merely to make each other laugh! It was made in the same spirit Amanda's "Our Place" was, and since that one was one of the very first "drop-in" threads way back when the Lounge was actually new, I felt this might be a fun alternative to the practice of creating threads for the sake of creating threads!

Putting a spin on it as an Officer's Club is not "conceited" at all, Chris, but actually encompasses more than 80% of those of us hereabouts, wouldn't you say? And, given our jovial predelections, I do not forsee dire circumstances for those of our NCO buddies that sneak in from time to time....do you? We all become Officers so quickly, and hopefully we learn a few things along the way too.
                      (Good for you, John....the gin & tonics in here are all top shelf! Beefeaters, Bombay, and I think one or two others. And it was good of you to mention the fact without hats, we all look the same, right? *Knowing wink*)

It seems that this might indeed be a perfect place for us to find some solace after all.....pick a corner, order a refreshment, or just pull up a chair and chill out!

Comment

Hey CL....Is that my Kaluha disgused as poison?? lol
                        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

lol Cindy,

I deleted it.....

Happy Easter Everyone!

Comment

Just don't be helping yourself to too many of Vasili's cigars, they turn you green ...

Can you stock some of those teeny wine tipped colts, I'd try those, lol ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

< Cindy, I am assured that everything served in the Club is 100% up to snuff.....I was unpacking until 3 AM last night trying to get everything together. Here....have another on the house!
                              Holly, sorry, but we only have the gold-tipped Antonio y Cleopatra's in 5 flavors for the ladies....over there in the redish box at the end.
                              Maybe next month we'll have some profits to widen our selection a bit, but I did the best I could with whatever money was in the Brigade's Petty Cash......we have Montecristo, Bolivar, Partagas, Cohiba, and H&A cigars from Cuba in the walk-in. >

Comment

Working...
                              X