use programs old drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• use programs old drive

I have just recently bought a new computer, but the office is only a trial version, and I don't want to activate. I have my old drive that was running XP, and had full version of office, put it in a external case and plugged into the new one, but can't find office, or any of it's parts. Is there a way to run these from the old drive or move them to the new C
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Re: use programs old drive

If you can locate the files on the old hard drive you can move the files over, but you also have to go into the registery and export the registry keys for office and import them on your new computer.

To access your register go to start > run > type "regedit"

On your old hard drive it won't make a big difference if you mess something up, but when you import the registry to you new computer make sure you dont delete or change anything already there, it could mess up existing programs.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: use programs old drive

Got that but the programs for office don't show up in windows explorer ???
      Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
      X