• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Im new can you have a look at my site

and tell me all that is wrong thank you so much

would help if I added it in
    http://www.nataliehumemakeupartist.com/

Re: Hi Im new can you have a look at my site

Nice and simple website design - looks good. If you would like constructive criticism I did notice a few things that could be improved slightly:

1) Your page widths are set slightly too large and cause a horizontal scrollbar. No content is hidden but it would look better without the bar. Try reducing the page width in your page settings.

2) I cannot see the use of the brand logos at the bottom of your index page. They are relevant to your site but serve no use. Although the size of your website is small and bandwidth may not be something to worry too much about, these images still contribute to your bandwidth usage. I would reccommend removing these images (unless they serve a use I have missed!)

DESIGN: I like the simplicity of the design. The colours go well together and the text is very easy to read.

HYPERLINKS: All work (unless I missed one) and are easy to use.

CONTENT: On the index page you have used Im which should be I'm. Nothing major but every detail adds to the visitors first impressions.

I hope I have not been too critical and I really like your site. Good luck with your business.

Comment

I also like the basic design, but you do need to redo your pages at a smaller width.

If you want everyone to be able to see the pages without sideways scroll, you need to make the site in a width of no more than 800. Since less than 20% of people now have that resolution, you could decide to make your pages in a width of 1024 or less - which yours is bigger than that right now - and therefore causing scroll for most people :)
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you so much for your help, when I have tried to make the pages smaller there seems to be a black band running down one side, Im not sure if this is just in my computer or will shgw on others.

Comment

Hi Natalie,

Your domain is rather long, but nothing you can do about that now. If you build another you want, something people can pass on and is easiely remembered. If someone told them about your site would they remember the name by the time they got home, or get the spelling right, just one for the future.

Very nice site and well done, if there was just one thing it would be the pink writing on the F.A.Q page, it hurt my eyes and I found it hard to read with that background, your site and your choices, this is just my opinion, good luck.

Paul
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

I agree with the above, you are off to a great start.
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

You have a good looking site, and some real good feed back. Stiff upper lip and all that, you are off to a fantastic start.
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

I liked the site. I'm not so sure that you needed to use a bulleted list on your FAQ page. sometimes bulleted lists can be trouble especially if you ever want to add more questions and answers
                Best Regards,
                Alex
                Surveillance Systems
                Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Hi Natilie,
                  Ditto with the above, page sizes need to come down a bit on the widths to around the 800. Not sure if the fuchsia/pink against the dark background, it one of those colours that can look a little blurred sometimes.
                  Can sometimes be worth getting your page as you want it, and then trying 6 or 7 colours on the page all at the same time for a comparison. Was having a mess around with your page at this link. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/nat.html & thought the pink colours tended to look slightly better on a lighter background. But then again this is a guy talking about pink, so don’t take to much notice. LOL.

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Nice start, again page width is currently too much, but that is something you should be able to change without too much hassel.

Colours work well and the page looks pretty clean ;)

If I would change anything it would be those buttons to something else and to reduce the font size and lose the bold from the main text. I think its a very good start though.

I know a few women who need there lips and chins waxed lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                      Hi Natilie,
                      Ditto with the above, page sizes need to come down a bit on the widths to around the 800. Not sure if the fuchsia/pink against the dark background, it one of those colours that can look a little blurred sometimes.
                      Can sometimes be worth getting your page as you want it, and then trying 6 or 7 colours on the page all at the same time for a comparison. Was having a mess around with your page at this link. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/nat.html & thought the pink colours tended to look slightly better on a lighter background. But then again this is a guy talking about pink, so don’t take to much notice. LOL.

Good luck.
                      Oh now that looks good how can I do this to all my pages Im such a novice at these things

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie25
                        Oh now that looks good how can I do this to all my pages Im such a novice at these things

You have mail?
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                        X