FTP for a sub-domain; How To??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP for a sub-domain; How To??

I see how to do an ftp in the cpanel, but can I make an FTP folder on a sub-domain without the primary domain being in the path? I want to create one in one of my subdomains without the specific users seeing the name of my primary domain. Having trouble setting it up.

Adrian
    Adrian
    A-B Technology Group

Re: FTP for a sub-domain; How To??

I assume you added another domain as an addon domain. I wouldn't worry about how it shows up under the subdomains in your control panel. I thought the same thing to when I first signed up with vodahost with my primary domain. When you add an addon domain a folder will be created in your ftp. So when you go to publish a page for your add on, just make sure the folder is: public_html/youraddondomainname.

As an example, my primary is journeysadmin.com. Under that primary, I host many other addon domains, one being journeyshappen.com. When I added journeyshappen.com, it created a subdirectory of the same name. So when I publish I publish to the folder: public_html/journeyshappen.

If you access www.journeyshappen.com, you will see that the primary name (journeysadmin.com) is no where to be seen.

I hope that this answered your question.
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
    X