X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding up my page load time

Hi,
    I was just wondering if there is anyway to have my webpage pop up quickly, rather than having to load every individual image and shape. By the time it is done loading, my marqueed header is already finish and ppl don't get to see that effect. I was looking at other ppl's sites and they are also slow to load, too. The more shapes and images the longer it takes. Is there any way to overcome this?
    Here is my unfinished site link www.lessonplans2go.com .
    Love Blue Voda and all the help!!
    Leggy

Re: Page load is sloooooowwww.......like........ a .........snail.

Your page opened up in 1 second for me, you just have a slow connection, either you have a slow connection plan with your ISP, or you went over limit of download and they slow you down, and maybe is just your ISP not that good, and it can be your computer as well sometimes.

Try to check your connection speed and clean up a bit your computer and fix your registry.
    The Producer

Comment

Leggy: Great site by the way!! Well, your home page loaded fairly quickly for me. I am using IE7 and have DSL. But it was fully loaded within about 3 to 4 seconds. I went ahead to some of your other pages and again..most loaded just fine. In the 3rd grade, there was a page, that appeared to have a number of rectangular shapes scattered in the background and that page did load slow..ok..maybe 10 secs. Maybe others will come and give you their experience, but again, first load was fast! When you are done with your site, I would post it in the reviews forum. I would love to see the finished product!! (I have a 3rd grader)..
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Oh, haha! Good to know. Thank you!

Comment

Cindy, thanks for the feedback. Some pages are scattering shapes all over, I don't know why, but if I republish the pages; it seems to fix the problem. I will post it in the review forum when it's done. I actually didn't realize there was a review forum; I was asking friends and family for their opinions. Thanks for that tidbit, too!

Comment

One way to reduce this is to create as much of the page as possible as a template style image in a graphics program. This way, you can add the image as a background for the page(s) and it will load uniformly.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Re: Speeding up my page load time

Hi Leggy

I loaded your site and it loaded completely in about 3 seconds.
              I use IE7 and I have high speed broadband. Just thought you'd like to know.

And I love the header - it is very cute..
              Yvonne
              Ameriplan USA | Discount Dental Plans | Ameriplan Dental Care

Comment

Working...
              X