Questions about shopping capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about shopping capabilities

VH Team, I am a new subsriber to your software and I am trying to build a custom site that has item sales capabilities. I built a site with the Vodahost software which I really liked but didn't understand how I could incorporate an "Order Form" page. As I was looking through the tutorials, I started looking into the Soholaunch tutorials and went ahead and cleared my directory so I could load their program. Needless to say I had some issues with it not wanting to save images and overall just being more complicated than it needs to be.
    My overall question is, if I have the directory reset and go back to my VH site, is there a way for me to add a radio button to each item, and when 1 or more of the radio buttons are selected, have it add the info (quantity, description, price) to some sort of separate order form page that would be sent to me via e-mail for processing??? Thanks in advance...

Domain: Discounted-Video.com

Re: Questions about shopping capabilities

There are many ways to do what you want. I don't use the radio buttons - but use the buttons created by my cart - take a look at my 2 stores in my signature. I use a cart called CartManager. If you are interested in it - you can find the information here.

There are other options doing similar - if you only are going to use Paypal to process - then consider using Paypal buttons. You also could check into Mal's ECommerce.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth, thanks for the advise. I looked at both your sites but I think this is still a little more complicated than what is needed for my site at this time. I really don't need any sort of billing capabilities. All I really need is to be able to list each item, allow the user the ability to select the item(s) they would like and have it e-mail me the info based on what was selected (IE: Name, phone#, e-mail address, item selected). I was hoping to set it up similar to a comment/thank you page. The customer would select the item/items needed, they would click a Submit Order button which would take them to a Comments Style page where it would ask them for the info I would need (IE: name, address, ect). The only difference is the body of the e-mail(comment section) would be auto-populated with a list of the items that were selected rather than a box for them to add comments. Is this something I can do or is there a way of doing something like this without adding an outside software??? Thanks...

Comment

How do you intend for them to pay?

And these methods are very simple - just are cut and paste.

But you do need to take into consideration that the people need to pay you - which is why shopping cart software is what I'm suggesting.

If you don't need anyone to pay - you can set up a form with the items and information you need. But then you'll still be needing to work out payment.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth, this is a website designed for pre-viewed movie sales that at this point, are only being sold to business that I visit on a weekly basis. The only reason I was building the website is to give them a point of access where they can view what movies are available, give them a link to click on for more info pertaining to their selection, and to give them a way to select which titles they want and send them to me outside of sending a manual e-mail. I will be placing a ticket shortly to have the domain reset to remove the Soholaunch software so I can place re-publish the VH site I started but if you would like, I can give you one of the .bvp pages that you can open so you can see how I planned on setting it up. Thanks again for all your help... Shane

Comment

Its not quite ready yet! but may be of use later on for video.??

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Shane,
              If you don't need to take money - then, you're right, you don't need a shopping cart.

I don't know how many titles you'll have - but doing a form where they could select the titles they want and submit the form to you - sounds like something that could work.

If the form gets difficult, there are a couple people on the forum that are very knowledgeable in making them with lots of different variables.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Sounds like you could just use a form with a dropdown menu where you can select multiple items and have the results of the form emailed to you. That would be simple enough i believe. It would definitely save more space than a long list of items with checkboxes or radio buttons. I hope that helped.
                Best Regards,
                Alex
                Surveillance Systems
                Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...
                X