X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uploading pages

Hi,
    Domain name: charleszigmund.com
    When I publish a page and see the files that are being sent, there are many that are part of my whole web site but not at all related to the particular page I am publishing at that time. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Thanks,
    akomet
    MissSunshineTheClown.com

Re: uploading pages

If you mean those file names that start with bvxxxxx etc,
    then this is because
    everytime you create an image or text box etc, the BV creates an identity for that object.

If you change the size, or move that object, another identity is created.....

Thats why BV is so easy to use, it does the work for you...........
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi David,
      Actually not. Let me post some additional information.
      In the publishing window when uploading a page I get this directory.
      c:\Documene~1\Admini~1\Locals~1\~publish\ "File name".
      These file names pertain to the particular page I am publishing at that time but the are also file names from other pages that I have already published. These other files as far as I can tell should not be uploading. I think it is slowing down my upload times. Thanks for ant additional insite.
      akomet
      MissSunshineTheClown.com

Comment

akomet:

What you see when you are publishing is WHERE the file on your computer is stored, and what is Sent is just the end file name.

Have you checked your site (using bv ftp program) to see what file names are actually stored on your website space?

If you find this (c:\Documene~1\Admini~1\Locals~1\~publish\ "File name".)
        on the righthand side of your BV FTP screen, then I would say that you have a problem..............

If you would like me to check out your website, just contact me from any of my websites.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

Thanks again David,

If you find this (c:\Documene~1\Admini~1\Locals~1\~publish\ "File name".)
          on the righthand side of your BV FTP screen, then I would say that you have a problem..............

I do understand that the "file name" is the only information that is being uploaded.
          I do not find this on the right hand side. All my pages and files are at the server correctly.
          I tried something while I was waiting for your reply.
          At present I am only changing two text lines on each of my pages.
          I tried this: When I click publish I see the file names being sent. When I see the file in question finish I click the 'X" on top of the publish window ending the upload and when I check my site the new text is there correctly.
          By doing this I save at least 60 seconds of wait time. However the BV program closes completely and I have to open it again. I don't mind this but would love to be able to figure out how to get around this and publish more quickly.
          Thanks,
          akomet
          MissSunshineTheClown.com

Comment

I dont understand why you are clicking on the close box icon when bv displays a successful message and allows you to click ok and remain within BV for your next action !!!!

Surely it takes more than 60 seconds to reopen bv and then reload another page to publish or work on¿, so what are you saving..........

Anyway we have gone off subject as the original question was about
            unknown files being published.........

Have you sorted that one out ?
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

Working...