Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Completely clueless, but heres my question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely clueless, but heres my question.

I read tons of other posts, and still couldn't understand, but im thinking if i state my exact problem and get a specific answer about my problem i might actually understand... Ok, my dad's website www.dansobus.com is basiclly created and all, but he needs a customer log in, a newsletter, and some other features that soholaunch can do in a couple short minutes. I don't wanna have to recreate my dad's entire website, cause thats just not really "enojoyable." So what i need to do is apply some soholaunch features into my bluevoda built website.

Question 2: My personal website, www.drunkhippo.info is not going anywhere until i figure out how to get a template into it. I downloaded a free template,
    http://www.*******templates.com/download.php?id=4874&t=t . Well that template cannot be directly inserted into soholaunch. The file in which i downloaded came with the individual pictures, and i lined them all up perfectly into blue voda, then saved it and uploaded it. Nothing shows, it is the wrong file type or something. I also tried putting the original file and the bluevoda file into zips which didn't help. I read in some places that it must be coded. Which i am not expierenced in html, but i can find stuff in html change and all that stuff. So i guess i am pretty expierenced with it.

So my 2nd question is: How do i get a random template into soholaunch.
    I also have dreamweaver 8, dunno if that helps, but maybe its good to know what i have.

Thanks,

kasobus

Re: Completely clueless, but heres my question.

Kas

Ok. You can install soho in a directory in your current site but.. you will have to link to it from the main site. They wont MERGE

The template wont work either. You are trying to run a Windows Platform on a Mac, so to speak. The template has to be made running soho files and index.php, you cant just upload a page and call it a template and make it work. There are certan files you need to include and upload a WHOLE folder. Then it needs to be uploaded to the includes folder in the template files folder, or imported thru the soholaunch template menu.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
      Kas

Ok. You can install soho in a directory in your current site but.. you will have to link to it from the main site. They wont MERGE

The template wont work either. You are trying to run a Windows Platform on a Mac, so to speak. The template has to be made running soho files and index.php, you cant just upload a page and call it a template and make it work. There are certan files you need to include and upload a WHOLE folder. Then it needs to be uploaded to the includes folder in the template files folder, or imported thru the soholaunch template menu.

Karen
      Ok,

"There are certan files you need to include and upload a WHOLE folder."

Any idea what these files are?

Comment

Kas

Yes..

http://wiki.soholaunch.com/index.php...gory:Templates

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X