Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-frame as a gallery?

Hey guys,

I know its not possible with the gallery tool to have the image open up on the same page as the thumbnails, so I was wondering if anyone knew how to do it with an I-frame.. If you can? or if anyone knew of any flash tutorials that I could follow. Would be ace!

Thanks in advance!
    Teri

Re: I-frame as a gallery?

Hi darklight.... You can do it in an I-frame... you can make the I-frame not visible by having no border... name the I-frame ...anyname...use the thumbnail as a button .. to call up a 2nd page.html. target at the "anyname" I-frame.. and that's where it will come up .. when the button calls it up... remember the picture you call up is on its own page (html) sized and placed in the top left hand corner of that page....cause the i-frame reads from the top left hand corner... tricky, but cool and it works... hope that helps... Doug

Comment

Wow. Firstly- thank you so much for answering! Im going to try it. Like right now lol. Ive spent the last 3 days searching the internet to get a gallery how i want it. But nothing. So if I can get this to work, you are a legend. Well you already are for saying it! but yeah lol. Thank you!!
      Teri

Comment

Oh...... My ..... Days........ IT WORKS IT WORKS WOOOOOOOOOO Not that im excited.. AHHHHHH Thank you sooooooooo Much!!! One thing- is there anyway to change the background colour of it?
        Thank you again :D:D

(A very happy) Teri lol

Comment

Originally posted by darklight
          Oh...... My ..... Days........ IT WORKS IT WORKS WOOOOOOOOOO Not that im excited.. AHHHHHH Thank you sooooooooo Much!!! One thing- is there anyway to change the background colour of it?
          Thank you again :D:D

(A very happy) Teri lol
          Now now carm down you will burst a seem. but i do wonder why it took you so long to find the solution as it has been discussed here a number of times along with other gallery solutions. still you are there now.

Comment

I wasnt looking for the iframe thing here. I was looking for a flash gallery tutorial. I just randomly asked. Thats all!

Comment

Only as an idea! i was working on this image viewer a wile back. Not sure if its any use to you. (it dosnt use iframes)

http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/k1.html

Cheers
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi... Yep... to have consistent background through all the pages called up in the I-frame ... just clone the page i.e. background... as set up in page proprerties... then with no border on the I-frame ... the I-frame will look just like the rest of the page it is on... Doug

Comment

Not 100% sure what you mean there mate. (Sorry Im a bit simple!) also, the image is the same size as the iframe, but how do you align it so its not half off the iframe?
                  Teri

Comment

Hi darklight... Come to think of it... I do believe if you have, say a yellow background on the page, and then you place an I-frame on the page... then uncheck the I-frame border (in properties)... the I-frame (when previewed or published) will be yellow with no border showing therefore not visible...Place the picture you target into the I frame in the top most lefthand corner of it's page... sized to the right dimensions..and when you click the button that is addressed to the picture's page/html and targeted at the I-frame..the picture will show up in the invisible I frame... whew .. that's a mouthful...Hope that helps... Doug

Comment

Sorry to keep going on about this! .... but neither seem to be working. :( I dont know if its because my background is a jpg or not? and still cant get the image to centre in frame.

Really sorry about this!

Comment

Hey Darklight... don't feel bad ..it took me quite a while to get I-frames to work consistently for me... make sure the "center in browser" is OFF/no check in "page properties" of the picture/page you call up into I frame (may be the problem)...and I was talking about the basic back ground color found in "page Properties".. but if you're using and image as background.. that's a bit trickier.. may take a lot of positioning ..see current projects at douglaspen dot com to see some picture manipulation in an I frame of mine.. Doug

Comment

Thanks for your help. Havent been able to get on vodahost for some reason, so thats why my reply is delayed. Got the iframe working. Just cant get rid of the white! Damn thing! lol
                          Thanks again
                          Teri

Comment

Hi... Is the white you want to get eliminate in the I-frame? Because the frame should be transparent and whatever is behind it should show through. Hummm.. Doug

Comment

Working...
                            X