Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How large my page should be for being able to print in an A4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How large my page should be for being able to print in an A4?

How large my page should be for being able to print in an A4?
    width x height = 600x800 pixels?

When I click on print preview, the left margin is too wide. Bluevoda doesn't allow me to set margin in page setup.

How I can solve this problem, please advise?

When I print Yahoo page, content is in center. How come mine has gone to right hand side and leave lots of space for the left margin.

Thanks
    pat
    www.tcottowel.com
    ID: tcottow

Re: How large my page should be for being able to print in an A4?

from my side, you could either create a pdf printable page and give it a link in your page or create another html page whith the right size to print in A4 and give it a link as well.

But if you want to keep you current visual of the page to be printable, maybe because you didn't check the box of center in browser in page property "I'm not sure".

But the best way to let your visitors print the page easily, is the pdf printable option. "but you can always choose the option you like the most". (the pdf option is what I "personaly would choose).
    The Producer

Comment

As NP says. The PDF is the best bet as different browsers will create different print outs of your standard page & not everyone will get the same print out.
      Free PDF here http://www.primopdf.com/
      You didn’t say what you wanted to print?. Whole pages/image/form/order form. ???

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes I think 600X800 is the right size.

Comment

Thank you all. What I want to print is a whole page. I wonder how I can make a link for a whole page to a whole page in PDF file.

When I open up my website (www.tcottowel.com,) then click on print. I'd like it to be printed in 1 A4 page.

Comment

Hi, what you will have to do is have a link that takes you to a pdf file page & then you will be able to print from there.
            Like this one. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/towels.pdf
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you Chris. but this is still not what I want.
              If you see www.yahoo.com, then print. You can print in an A4 page. No need to click on any link...just open a website, then print.

Comment

Hi, I’m not sure on this, as when I print a yahoo page I loose the same amount of text as if I had printed your page. (Strange)
                If you can’t get it sorted. It might be an idea to ask on the forum if you can have a link to a PDF file that will just start printing without the page showing. I am not sure this can be done.

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I think there is a script, where you can create a print link, when you click that print link, the pop window print options opens for the local computer trying to print that page.

2nd Option, try the OnClick button in BlueVoda, other wise do a google search for print script or script to print or .....
                  The Producer

Comment

Working...
                  X