Publish other than index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publish other than index

hi all i made 5 pages for my site but dont know how to publish 2 nd page is it the same way as u publish ur index.bvp than wht should i put in folder is is public_html/2 or same as public_html folder.
    also i got domain name yesterday only i published my 1st page it telling me publish sucess fully but i cannot see on internet..
    can any body tell me step by step wht to do. i also waited for 24 hrs now still i cant see.plz help guys this is my 1st website....
    gunny

Re: Publish other than index

Have you watched all the tutorials for publishing?

I suggest that you go into your cpanel. Go into file manager. Go into your public folder. Create some folders in there... for example Products, Services, About us, Contact us... whatever.

then when you publish another page you will publish it to
    public_html/Products
    public_html/Services

and so forth. If you do not create the folders in cpanel first, BV will not let you publish the pages in a file that does not exist.

If you don't know how to go into cpanel or file manager, i must refer you to watch the tutorials again.
    Best Regards,
    Alex
    Surveillance Systems
    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
    Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Ignore the above, it's more complicated than you need. Simply publish your pages to public_html; they'll then be accessible as extensions of your domain's url, such as (using your example) http://yourdomain.com/2.html
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
        Ignore the above, it's more complicated than you need. Simply publish your pages to public_html; they'll then be accessible as extensions of your domain's url, such as (using your example) http://yourdomain.com/2.html
        thanks for reply but plz tell me y cant i see my Index page on web i dont know whts is wrong.its telling me publish sucessfully but now showing domain name is www.satayindia.com plz help me out i am eager o see my own website on net...mail ur reply if u can to my mail gunjesh_p******.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny
          thanks for reply but plz tell me y cant i see my Index page on web i dont know whts is wrong.its telling me publish sucessfully but now showing domain name is www.satayindia.com plz help me out i am eager o see my own website on net...mail ur reply if u can to my mail gunjesh_p******.com
          thanks for reply but plz tell me y cant i see my Index page on web i dont know whts is wrong.its telling me publish sucessfully but now showing domain name is www.satayindia.com plz help me out i am eager o see my own website on net...mail ur reply if u can to my mail gunjesh_p******.com[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by aconstas1
            killing two birds with one stone... I'm sure he'd learn somethin and wouldn't have to have some basic cpanel functions explained to him later if he did it my way.
            If he did it your way, he'd wind up with a big fat mess. Creating a folder for every single page is not necessary - it wastes time when publishing and makes hyperlinking more difficult.

This person is a beginner with this stuff and things need to be kept as simple as possible when they are explained.

And no one got his domain, would you guys please quit saying that? It's simply parked and needs to be pointed to the VH server, or he needs to wait until it propagates.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi there,

I know that the reply to this thread was given long time ago, but it is amazing to see that only by reading other people's threads, somebody will benefit from it aswel.

This is my case! I have been trying for 2 days to publish my second page and with no result. I have been watching all the tutorials, read every thread that could lead me to the answer of my question, and finally my search come to a happy end. I read this thread and... I just published my second page without any problems! It's great!

Thank you very much!

Jeanina

Originally posted by racefan20

Comment

Don't you just love this forum? So much good informaiton here..
                Liz
                www.sebastopolparty.com
                www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hello,
                  I have just publsihed 2 pages too, then I didn't get any further as I got the 12014 error message saying my password was wrong, which seems strange since I had just published the 2 pages successfully. I can't actually find the second page as yet but it might need some time, I don't know. Anyway I submitted a support ticket because I had followed everything and double checked the names and passwords etc. It seems that it is a common problem.

Sarah

Comment

Hello,
                    Just want to clarify, I had made a mistake when typing in the user name. The support people immediately fixed the probelm now I am publsihed.

Sarah

Comment

I can view your front page, but it is very dark.
                      Also, the photos or images are blank.
                      Brad Arnold.......
                      www.baldwincomusic.com
                      www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
                      !Free Search Engine Submission!
                      Talking Avatar for your web site!
                      Free sound editor
                      Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Hi, I am having the same problem with a new site. Mine is a bit more complicated because I am using XSitepro to build it. When I go to publish with XSitepro it cannot do it.

I then did a basic index page in BlueVoda and it published it but when I looked for it on the web it did not show.

Any ideas?

Dominique
                        The womens website that men love to read
                        www.yourpower2be.com

Learn to look younger www.facialwizard.com

Comment

Hi there,

Just been told that the DNS was pointing the wrong way. BV has changed them and it is looking good.

Dominique
                          The womens website that men love to read
                          www.yourpower2be.com

Learn to look younger www.facialwizard.com

Comment

Hi Gunny,

Is your satay comparable in taste to the original Malaysian satay?

I would like to give you some comments on your website.

1. If you are going to use dark and bright red colors you should use light colors for your text or better still white. It would be very much easier to read than your black text.

2] Before publishing your webpage check your English grammer using the windows spelling and grammer check under Tools. Your buy one and get another dish for free dosent sound right.

3] Select a better cursive font than the one you are using as it is not very legible in appearance and not easy to read.
                            4] The images of your food dishes are missing and not showing up on your webpage.
                            5] Your should extend the height of your webpage a little longer so that viewers can scroll right to the bottom of the page.

Otherwise your webpage looks okay.
                            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                            X