Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you insert <h1></h1> <H2></h2> tags and so on.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you insert <h1></h1> <H2></h2> tags and so on.

Hi, hope you can help & assume I have this right? I want to learn how to optimise things & was about to place <h1/2/3/4/5> type tags on the headings & lesser headings down the page. But as soon as I place an <h1> tag ether side of a heading text, the text grows to about a size 20 & this size is not wanted. Is there a way of keeping the text to the size I want without messing up the SE’s looking at my tags?
    I also assume I am not missing something in BV that enables this to be done a different way?

Thanks.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Re: How do you insert &lt;h1&gt;&lt;/h1&gt; &lt;H2&gt;&lt;/h2&gt; tags and so on.

Hi Chris

I only use the H1 and H2 tags , thanks Bethers ... ...

but in that script you might notice there is a font point

size = 2 or 3 or 4 or whatever

2 or 3 would be probably what you might want to use, so you would need to change that number ... and of course 1 being the smallest I guess.

Is this the script that you are using?

<center><h1><font face="arial" size="3" color="000000"> <b>YOURTEXTHERE</b></font></h1></center>
    <center><h2><font face="arial" size="2" color="#000000"><b>YOURTEXTHERE<b></font></h2></center>

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: How do you insert &lt;h1&gt;&lt;/h1&gt; &lt;H2&gt;&lt;/h2&gt; tags and so on.

Hi Lady, that’s great, but I wasn’t sure if you could have scripting within the <h1/2/3/4> tags or if these tags are meant to go directly either side of to the words that want to be used as a tag?
      What I wasn’t sure about, is if it was done the way you suggest, would the SE’s think that words like font/face/size/center were part of my tag ?

Like this

<center><h1><font face="arial" size="3" color="000000"> <b>YOURTEXTHERE</b></font></h1></center>

Or like this.

<h1><YOURTEXTHERE</h1>

Thanks.
      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey Chris

I see what you are saying, but I don't think so ... reason, this coding was given to me by Beth like I say, so I feel pretty confident that the seos are reading only the text part ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Lady. It’s funny that I have been looking for ages for this answer & most other sites only seem to show the tags directly next to the words.
          Still! I think I got the tag size solved like the code below & being able to place the <h1/2/3/4> tags next to the words. But what I can’t seem to do now is get a small space on the return down to the next line. Anyone know if this can be stopped from happening in the same html box. It seems to drop about 3 text lines. I am sure the tags are creating this problem, but wasn’t sure if there was a way around it.

Thanks.

<FONT style="font-size:16px" color="#0C5C75" face="Arial"><B><h1>Testing h1 tags</h1></B></FONT><br>
          <FONT style="font-size:12px" color="#0C5C75" face="Arial"><B><h2>Testing h2 tags tags</h2></B></FONT><br>
          <FONT style="font-size:10px" color="#0C5C75" face="Arial"><B><h3>Testing h3 tags tags</h3></B></FONT>
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Good Question Chris ....

I look forward to the answer on this one as well, thanks!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I had the same issues as above. From now on, Im designing my pages with the <h> tags from the start. Its much easier to compensate for spacing and stuff during the design process rather than adding them after you think your site is snug and fit. Furthermore, once i had everything looiking good in Firefox, i switched over to IE and almost cried myself to sleep that night. Good luck and keep us posted on what you figure out so we can all benefit.
              Best Regards,
              Alex
              Surveillance Systems
              Restaurant POS | Retail POS
              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Yes, you can have scripting inside the tags- but let's please get it right so that it's compliant :)

And there are h1 - h6 tags - which should be used for the relevancy of the title on the page - very rarely should there ever be more than one h1 tag on a page - as it should be the MAIN headline of the page. But you could have more than one h2 - as subheadings can be equal.

Here is a proper coding suggestion - change as needed:

<center><h1> <font face="comic sans ms" color="FFFFFF" size="4">Your headline here</font></h1></center>

The changes to text, etc should be INSIDE the h tag - and yes, you can change more than what that shows - this is simply an example.

You do not need a <br> between h tags - or after one - as it creates it's own and will always give a double space like a <p> tag does.

If you want to use the same information for all the tags, then you should put it outside the tag as is done in Chris' example. Both work - however, if you want to be coding correctly, then you really want that type of change inside the tag.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Nice one! Thankyou Beth.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Just as an update:

Just found another way to place the <h> tags on the page & be able to adjust all of the elements in CCS.
                    As an example for a <h1> tag, paste the 1st part of the code into the head of your pages.

Naturally this can be changed for different tags around the page, IE: replace the h1 for h2 & so on.

<style>
                    h1 {font-size:28px;color:#00ff00;font-family:times;font-style:italic;}
                    </style>

The above code will control the size/colour/font & style.

Then all you have to do is make your text up and place it on the page in this format:

<h1>Text for the head for my page</h1>

Place the above, in a html box. Or html area of an BV element.

If you need more info for changes? Visit this site.
                    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_text.asp
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yep, that will work, but since you only should have ONE of the tags on the page, you aren't saving any work by doing that - unless you are putting that so it automatically is on all your pages.
                      Beth
                      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth,
                        Might be a bit quicker if this was pasted in the head of all pages covering the 6 h tags. I am just working on trying to stop the double line jump that the h tags seem to give if place in with other text

<style>
                        h1 {font-size:32px;color:#00ff00;font-family:times;font-style:normal;}
                        h2 {font-size:28px;color:#00ff00;font-family:times;font-style:normal;}
                        h3 {font-size:24px;color:#00ff00;font-family:times;font-style:normal;}
                        h4 {font-size:20px;color:#00ff00;font-family:times;font-style:italic;}
                        h5 {font-size:18px;color:#00ff00;font-family:times;font-style:italic;}
                        h6 {font-size:14px;color:#00ff00;font-family:times;font-style:italic;}
                        </style>

<h1>testing h1 tag</h1>
                        <h2>testing h2 tag</h2>
                        <h3>testing h3 tag</h3>
                        <h4>testing h4 tag</h4>
                        <h5>testing h5 tag</h5>
                        <h6>testing h6 tag</h6>
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi there I just jump in.
                          can you suggest me where I can read and understand all this <h1>.... tags issue. I undestand is very important for SEO, but I do not get where to put them in bluevoda, and what should I write in it .
                          I am a bit slow sometimes, and this sound very complicate to me.
                          Thank you in advance for your help.
                          Ciao
                          Alas
                          www.mediterraneotanzania.com
                          Tanzania hotels

Comment

Originally posted by alas
                            Hi there I just jump in.
                            can you suggest me where I can read and understand all this <h1>.... tags issue. I undestand is very important for SEO, but I do not get where to put them in bluevoda, and what should I write in it .
                            I am a bit slow sometimes, and this sound very complicate to me.
                            Thank you in advance for your help.
                            Ciao
                            Alas
                            www.mediterraneotanzania.com
                            Tanzania hotels
                            Hi, in short the tags go either side of a heading/phrase that you would give a subject on your page. <h1> being the most important & usually the description of the whole page & <h2> to <h6> for other headings to (lets say) certain topics, with the tag giving an order of preference of importance. Naturally <h1> being highest.
                            When search engine come along to spider your site, you will be giving the SE a hand in saying what the importance of certain phrases & words are to that page. There is quite a bit more, but this is the short version. But it is also usually good idea to make these key words & good search terms.
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Chris.
                              For ex: in my business a good keyword is "Tanzania Hotels", for my index page. Should I insert this keyword in my <H1> tag, and how can I do this in bluevoda. Also, where should I insert <H2>, and <H3>, and so on in bluevoda?
                              May be I am asking to many things, maybe this is the wrong thread, to ask these questions.
                              In my business the competition on SEO is very high, right now I am paying google a lot of money to be in their Adwords program, and to be not always in the top 6 Ads.
                              I will really appreciate some help.
                              Alas

Comment

Working...
                              X