how do I upload a doc file to BV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I upload a doc file to BV?

Hats off to Blue Voda. I just launched www.british-cemetery-elvas.org without any trouble but a .doc map uploads via FTP Manager as a download.

I tried to copy the map to a text box on a BV page but it doesn't copy, just the surrounding words copy.

If you go to http://british-cemetery-elvas.org/albuera.html and click on the battlefield map button on the left, you'll see what I'm referring to.

I'd like the button to link to the map as easily as everything else links.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Sarah
    british-cemetery-elvas.org

Re: how do I upload a doc file to BV?

click the below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I followed your instructions for a pdf file, successfully. Can you confirm that a doc file will always upload via FTP as a "download" that the viewer has to click on to open or save. The pdf file just opens on the screen by itself.
      Thanks for your help.
      Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Malhoeira
        I followed your instructions for a pdf file, successfully. Can you confirm that a doc file will always upload via FTP as a "download" that the viewer has to click on to open or save. The pdf file just opens on the screen by itself.
        Thanks for your help.
        This is the way a PDF download works...

1) First it downloads.
        2) Secondly it opens.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

And a doc upload/download? Does it ONLY open via a little box that the viewer clicks on to open or save?

Is there no way to drop the doc file such as http://british-cemetery-elvas.org/albuera.html onto a BV page like you do Word text?
          Sarah

Comment

That is... under the battlefield map button on http://british-cemetery-elvas.org/albuera.html

Thanks for your patience.
            Sarah

Comment

Thanks to another thread that recommended the free pdf printer at http://www.primopdf.com/ I converted my doc file to pdf and have uploaded that.

But if there is a way to drop a doc file like my map onto a BV page, I'd like to know how.

It's a ***** learning curve but fun.

Sarah

Comment

Well I am not sure of the perfect way in which you are able to do this, but I am kind of "Red Green" like so this is the way in which I do it ..

I open the document, I select the picture, I copy and paste it into a word document or an email and then I send it to myself, then I save the picture in the email and then I have an image in a .jpeg format, as in the case of this one, and then I insert it on the Blue Voda page as an image, and then you have it. You can then link to it just as another blue voda page ...

The reason the picture of the map would not copy, was because it needs to be inserted as an image in blue voda, not just text.

Is this what you wanted to know.

Your image is attached, just click on it, and save picture as and there you go ..

Attached Files

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you so much for that tip. I suspected that I needed to save the map as an image but the .doc ending made me try to work with it as a Word file.

I downloaded your thumbnail but it saved as a grainy .gif file so the .pdf option is better for my site. People visiting Albuera will want to print the map.

Maybe BV should add the pdf printer tip [reply #7] to its FTP instruction. I searched the Adobe Reader site in vain for that information.

By the way, do you know what the ftp option on the edit button under Navigation Bar Properties is used for?

I appreciate your help.

Sarah
                  www.british-cemetery-elvas.org
                  Sarah

Comment

Working...
                  X