cheldon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheldon

my web pages contain three or more pictures. when previewing the page one picture will repeat to the exclusion of the other in two or more spaces. how do I prevent this repeat?

second question: my 11 web pages range in size from a high of 1365 x 912
    to a low of 1170 x 938 with the average being 1250 x 913. do you recommend all pages be the same dimensions?

the url listed below is a "just purchased" item from BV. it may not yet be activated.

www.cavunpniagara.org

Re: cheldon

Making all your pages the same size and eventualy using the same template helps keep a continous style, and doesn't tire the visitor. I do beleive in such a way of building the site and i recommend it.

Your link doesn't work yet.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

my web pages contain three or more pictures. when previewing the page one picture will repeat to the exclusion of the other in two or more spaces. how do I prevent this repeat?
      - Don't understand

I agree with Naval- a consistant look is prefered. Additionally- the page sizes you are making are not "typical" and therefore, will not bode well with the majority of your viewers. For now- make each page a maximum width of 800. The length can be what ever you wish. In this manner- you can be assured it will present well to any viewer.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I have two or more pictures on a web page. During construction of the page, each different picture will display properly in its designated frame. But, when I preview the page, one of the two pictures will dominate and repeat itself in the other picture frames giving a display of the same picture in two or more frames. I have "locked" each frame; sized each picture identical; renamed each picture to ensure there is no 'common' text and have not been able to prevent this anomoly.

Comment

Please publish your page and provide a link. As you describe it, it is very difficult, at least for me to understand what your problem is.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: cheldon 14346

My website - cavunpniagara.org - has been published. It includes a page titled "Memorial Hall". I have gone over this page a dozen times and I think I have made all entries consistent. However, the page will publish okay but will not display when 'clicked on' when on line. What have I done wrong?
            Second question: Even though each of the pages "Return to Home Page", the site pages accumulate on my computer so that when I am ready to go off line, I have to close each page individually. What have I done wrong?
            TUVM
            cheldon@computan.on.ca

Comment

Try hitting F5 a few times to clear the "memory" of the browser. See if that helps. Also try holding the Ctrl key down while hitting the Refresh key at the top of your screen.
              Lori
              www.lkarts.com
              Acting Teacher, Actor, Singer

"Remember, if you're getting kicked from behind, you must be out in front!"

Comment

Hi, i checked all your pages & all seem to be coming up fine. There are a few very heavy images on some of the pages which made some very slow, but that was all . The only one that wouldn't connect for me was http://www.peacekeeperspark.com/
                But this one http://www.cavunpniagara.org/memorialhall.html showed fine for me. Funnily enough this was one of the slow images. 750Kb
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Cheldon-
                  The page sizes are correct and you have done a nice job- congrats!

1-The reason that you get so many pages opened up is that when creating the link you have set "Target" to blank. On your Introduction link it is correct, so look at that and you will likely see that "Target" is empty. Go back to all the other links and change the "Target" -just delete what ever is there and leave it empty.

2-Your pages do not have titles. Click on View on the top menu bar and then click on Page Properties. Put an appropriate title in the Title box for that specific page.

Cheers-

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thank you all for your assistance.
                    Lorikirstein - the problem was my typing - retyped/overtyped and problem appeared to be solved.
                    Collectors-info - same problem. My typing. There is no "s" in peacekeeperpark. Deleted "s" and link worked AOK.
                    Andy128 - Your suggestion is remarkable in its simplicity. I guess that's why I'm only a Private!! Thank you very much.
                    cheldon@computan.on.ca

Comment

Re: cheldon@computan.on.ca (14346)

I have attempted to create a file in cPanel. I think I have followed all the instructions to the letter, but, there doesn't appear to be any confirmation that the file has been uploaded from my hard-drive (there is no red frame illustrated as shown in the tutorial) despite the fact that the file manager shows the file in the text listing.
                      What do I do with the file manager?
                      I cannot find where to go after creating this file.
                      How do I link the "go to" name in the web page to the file in the file manager?

Comment

Cheldon,
                        I believe what you need to do is hyperlink "go to" to the file you wish it to connect to. Highlight the text "go to", then click on the hyperlink button (looks like a globe with a chain at the bottom), in the box that comes up, choose what type of link you are attempting to connect to, i.e. http://, or mailto, etc. then type in the URL of the file, or the email address.
                        Leave "target" empty, click OK.
                        Debi
                        Debi
                        DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

If you uploaded it, it is in your public_html folder, click the below to learn how to use your file manager....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                          X