Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showing an image when the pointer comes on a word but HOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing an image when the pointer comes on a word but HOW?

I have lots of to ask, but I am ashemed of asking such silly questions! So I'll just ask 2 of them. First, how can I insert a vertical line (can only see the horizontal one at BV) and the most important one: when the mouse pointer comes to a word (link, just a word or a navigation), is it possible to show an image near it automaticaly? If it is possible HOW?I dont know if I made myself clear:) Thanks a lot...
    ElTurco

Re: Showing an image when the pointer comes on a word but HOW?

Hi, no need to be ashamed, this is what the forum is for. To make a vertical line you will have to use the shapes tool & just stretch it downwards, then use the blue tabs to make it thin horizontally.
    On the mouse over part. I am messing around with one at the moment. If this is what you are looking for (Mouse over the help link) http://www.collectors-info.com/testi...eovertest.html

Then the script is here.
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/showhint.htm

Good luck.

PS the second part will take a bit of time.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Turco, dont be ashamed, just ask your questions, as the only stupid question is the one you didnt ask.

We are a friendly bunch here, so enjoy......................

To create a vertical line
      click on the shape icon (top menu)
      and drag the shape into a vertical box/line to what ever size you need.
      (use the sides , top or bottom of the shape to alter it)

Start read up on pop up screens.(see tips and tricks or use the search box at the top of every forum screen)

That will give you some idea of the image question..........

have fun
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thank you all... I hope you won't regret your words about not to be ashamed, later:) As I am very new to BV (not only to BV to all about web things) you'll see my questions in the future, they'll kill you!
        So, for showing an image, shortly, I have a products page and I want visitors see an image of the product automatically,when they put the pointer on the word,link or navigation...And I want to be able to it in this century:)
        Thanks again!
        By the way, I am not a native speaker, so excuse me if I can not make myself clear cuz of my english.
        www.gunays.net
        www.tenticaret.com
        ElTurco

Comment

It will be very hard for you to ask a question that hasnt been asked before, thats why the search box at the top of this screen can be invaluable once you have used it a few times.

We are always willing to help, but self help is the most satisfying help you could get............take a look at other peoples websites.....experiment....and watch the appropiate video tutorial when you need to.

have fun
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
            It will be very hard for you to ask a question that hasnt been asked before, thats why the search box at the top of this screen can be invaluable once you have used it a few times.

We are always willing to help, but self help is the most satisfying help you could get............take a look at other peoples websites.....experiment....and watch the appropiate video tutorial when you need to.

have fun
            I've been searching/doing what u said above for hours... could not find what I am looking for... I wont give up and go on trying to find answer but some clues/help would be great:)
            ElTurco

Comment

He gave you an example in the first link... if you will put your mouse curser over the Help? you will see the window open.

If that's what you are looking for, the script for you to copy is on the second link. That sends you to a solid Script site that has all kinds of useful tools and step by step explanations how to implement them.

Good luck
              Best Regards,
              Alex
              Surveillance Systems
              Restaurant POS | Retail POS
              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...
              X