How to best use our www folder under file manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to best use our www folder under file manager

I should have figured this one out by now so I apologize for a seemingly redundant question but can someone please explain the difference between the "www" folder and the "public html" folder in our control panel. Thank you! I want to create folders to help organize my web pages but am having some difficulty.

Elevate Your Music
    HipHopTraxx
    Blue Diamond Marketing

Please do not create folders. Please publish everyhting to your public_html.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,
      I have the same idea. So, I must publish everything in public_html. How can I know which file is for/or from which page?
      www.photosc.blogspot.com
      www.slodental.com

Comment

remember, keep notes

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: How to best use our www folder under file manager

Just getting started, where is the public_html folder?
          Secondly, If I want to make some navigation links private to specified users, can I establish accounts for access. Don't know what control panel is, or how to access. I just want to make sure that I can have an area of my web site for account access only. :) jenn

Comment

Originally posted by maiden_bc
            Just getting started, where is the public_html folder?
            Secondly, If I want to make some navigation links private to specified users, can I establish accounts for access. Don't know what control panel is, or how to access. I just want to make sure that I can have an area of my web site for account access only. :) jenn
            Whenyou open BV, go to Tolls, FTPManager, when it opens click on "Connect", fill in your user name and password as given to you with tha welcome mail you received from Vodahost, and BlueFtp will automatically connect to your site, showing exactly the contents of the public_html folder.

To have certain pages password protected you need some kind od script, lor you put the pages in a password protected folder and you assign authorised users username and password through your control panel.
            You can access your Control panelby typing http://www.yourdomainname.com/cpanel in IE
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

So basically, I can set up folders to have password access. I keep seeing things about not created folders? What is that all about?

Comment

Originally posted by maiden_bc
                So basically, I can set up folders to have password access. I keep seeing things about not created folders? What is that all about?
                I'm not sure i understand what you're talking about. On which occasion do you get these messages?
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I am following thIs thread, i have the same douts, no idea yet the fuction of the www folder, and i would like to have a beter idea, and if i must manage more than one or two accounts, in the same cpanel, but i must not create folders to differentiate my websites how do i look for pages/folders when needed, just to look for the name,that's why they are alphabetycally ordered? am i wright?

Comment

Originally posted by Julia
                    I am following thIs thread, i have the same douts, no idea yet the fuction of the www folder, and i would like to have a beter idea, and if i must manage more than one or two accounts, in the same cpanel, but i must not create folders to differentiate my websites how do i look for pages/folders when needed, just to look for the name,that's why they are alphabetycally ordered? am i wright?
                    Julia, don't mix up things. if you havemorethan one domains on your account you must set them either as addon domains, or as subdomains.
                    Addon domains means that to get there you type in the IE address bar http://www.newdomain.com and it goes dirctly there. In the case of subdomains you must type in http://www.newdomain.tctinternacional.org

In both cases you have separate folders where you must put again the index.html page of these domains and so on. But, you only have one control panel for all the domains. Email addresses can be reffered to the new domain (if addon domain)
                    Navaldesign

Comment

OK i get it, but would you mind to tell me when you say different folders but one cpannel, do you mean different folders on my computer, or different folders in ftp manager.

what does it mean exactly different accounts with one cpannel i do not get it yet, do i get a different login name and pass for my new domains, in case of addon domains or subdomains, and i get into an empty (public_html) when i log in or how do this work

Thanks for you help

Comment

Originally posted by Julia
                        OK i get it, but would you mind to tell me when you say different folders but one cpannel, do you mean different folders on my computer, or different folders in ftp manager.

what does it mean exactly different accounts with one cpannel i do not get it yet, do i get a different login name and pass for my new domains, in case of addon domains or subdomains, and i get into an empty (public_html) when i log in or how do this work

Thanks for you help
                        Julia, i didn't mention different accounts but one cp. I said different domain names on the same account. Being a unique account, you only have one cp, one username and one password. On your computer you can do whatever you like and save things as you like. But on your site, addon domains and subdomains each have a separate folder, which are subfolders of your public_html main folder. In each of these subfolders, and for each subdomain/addondomain, you must create an index.html page exactly as you do with your main domain.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

now it's becoming clearer to me, do this mean also that everything becomes less and less what bandwith and your space in the servers concerns for every addon domain you put on your account?, i ask this because i have the expectation my first site grouws to a very big and busy one in the future, but anyway i can always cancel my addon domains i get a full account to put them on the internet.

Or a beter idea is to get a new account where i can put domains from websites that are small with few visitors, thank you again

Comment

Working...
                          X