No announcement yet.

Why does server require authentication?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does server require authentication?

Email was working fine yesterday, today they tell me I need to set up with authentication, following these instructions:

Manual Settings
    Mail Server Username: info+fourpawsplay.com
    Incoming Mail Server: mail.fourpawsplay.com
    Outgoing Mail Server: mail.fourpawsplay.com (server requires authentication)
    Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)
    Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)

Once done, window pops up asking for username and password, fields are already filled in, clicking OK only brings it up over and over again. Is the username the one with the "+" or is it "@" and is the password the same as my webmail login? Tried to auto configure with no luck. Any help greatly appreciated

Rob
    fourpawsplay.com

Re: Why does server require authentication?

Mailserver username, usually is info@....... but check your username for possible errors
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Why does server require authentication?

The directions from my control panel have the "+" sign not the "@" that's why I'm confused. The directions above were copied exactly. Appreciate the response though

Comment

Working...
      X