Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 issues

Hello,
    After using the tutorial I have recovered all my pages (thank God!); however, I have 2 issues.

1st: My php script page is still MIA. I need to change the email address in the PHP script to the new email address, so that I can start recieving the information my clients and potential clients send via my contact page.

2nd: I can't publish the changes to my site because I was moved to a new server (I think we all were), and the server is not part of the pull-down menu when I try to publish the changes I have made.

I'm sure it's something simple, but I need to resolve these issues asap because my business depends on it.

As always,
    A ton of thanks for all your help.

Mike
    Mike
    www.suzannemichaelcatering.com

Re: 2 issues

Glad to hear that you have recovered most of your pages. Have you tried downloading the php script from the server using Blue FTP or your Control Panel > File Manager?

If you download the latest version of BlueVoda you will find your new IP address listed. You can get it by Clicking Here. The whole application has been updated and, as from today, has lots of exciting new features.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok, things just seem to have taken a wrong turn. I downloaded BV9 and updated everything. Now when I try to import my pages I get an error message followed by a lime green background. Not to mention that I am unable to log into my control panel. I'm not sure if I am using the incorrect password (unlikely but possible) or if it needs to be reset. Either way I am really stuck now...
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by smcatering
        Ok, things just seem to have taken a wrong turn. I downloaded BV9 and updated everything. Now when I try to import my pages I get an error message followed by a lime green background. Not to mention that I am unable to log into my control panel. I'm not sure if I am using the incorrect password (unlikely but possible) or if it needs to be reset. Either way I am really stuck now...
        The relevant thread for your server upgrade gives you instructions for your Control Panel. I don't think there's a reason why BV9 should bring about these other issues, but maybe you should submit a support ticket - that way the support team can look at it for you. This forum is not routinely monitored by Support and this may not get picked up.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

On the matter of your PHP script, its there as the error page come up if the form is submitted blank.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Maybe I'm just not making myself very clear. What I want to do is change the old email address (smcatering@bellsouth.net) that is currently part of my php script to my new email address (smcatering@earthlink.net).

Is there a way that I can get to my php script so that I can make the change? I was able to log into my cpanel and have tried everything I could to change the email address to the new one, but it's still the same.
            Hope this is clear enough. Any and all help will as always, be greatly appreciated.

Mike
            Mike

Comment

Yes-

Open your error page in BV (which is process123). Now- double click on the html box that contains the php script. Scroll down near the end and you will see your e-mail address. Change it. Save and publish.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I have been able to recover all my pages except for my php page. When I try to do so, I get a small pop-up window that says "Error while importing HTML!". When I click "ok" to close the small window the screen turns lime green.
                Any suggestions?

Mike
                Mike

Comment

Use the FTP Manager to move the file from the server to your computer.
                  Once on your computer, open the file with notepad and then save it as a regular text file.

You will then need to rebuild the process123 page like it was before. Then you can highlight the php code on the page that you saved as a text file. ONLY HIGHLIGHT THE PHP CODE THAT YOU ORIGINALLY PUT IN THE HTML BOX. This is where and when you will change your e-mail address in the php script.

Now take that and open a HTML box in your newly created process123 page and paste it in there like you did before. Remember to make sure the page has a php extension and then save and publish.

Apparently due to the fact that the web page is a .php- it will not allow a recovery like the other pages.

That should work for you.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy,
                    I went into my cpanel and went to the FTP manager. Problem is, I have no clue how to move anything. Could you please be a little more specific on how to get that done? Everything else seems to be pretty straight forward. Thanks a bunch in advance.

Mike
                    Mike

Comment

Mike or Susan,

if you still have my email address, email me your:

server number
                      username
                      password

and I will fix it for you.

If not, then use the contact form on any of my websites............
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
                        Yes-

Open your error page in BV (which is process123). Now- double click on the html box that contains the php script. Scroll down near the end and you will see your e-mail address. Change it. Save and publish.

Andy

Ok forget the above. I was able to import my page from the web... FINALLY!!!! (instead of typing www.suzannemic...... I did http://suzannemic.....php and this worked)
                        What HTML box should I double click on because I don't see it at all?
                        Many thanks,

Mike
                        Mike

Comment

Hi David,
                          I just read your reply on the post. Thanks a million for all the help. This would be the second time that you save the day for me, for which I am very greatful. I will email you asap with the details. Could you please still explain how to get this done so that I can take care of it should the need arise again?
                          As always, many thanks,

Mike
                          Mike

Comment

I don't have your email and Have no clue where to get it, so here's mine.
                            smcatering@earthlink.net

Thanks again,

Mike
                            Mike

Comment

Have changed your email address in your contact form and sent a message through the form.

post here to let me know if you received it OK.

If you view the video tutorial on how to use BV FTP program, you will be able to do this if it occurs again...................
                              Have fun
                              Regards..... David

Comment

Working...
                              X