Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am making my way through SEO..slowly..but surely!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am making my way through SEO..slowly..but surely!!

Hi 2 questions

I have read Bether book (thanks!!) and believe that I am on the right track (somewhat)

question 1-I have used a web anaylzer and was told the following on my 3 sites:

One stop to plan your entire move...change your address, connect your utilities, rent a moving truck, get moving quotes, rent a washer & dryer, purchase moving boxes, get renter's insurance quotes & more!

None of the words in your phrase appear in header text. You have an alt tag with no text in it. Either delete it to tidy your code or consider putting some relevant words in it.
    Any ideas?

Question 2

Would any one mind taking a look at these 2 sites and giving some SEO suggestions..I am still google ranked 2/10

Thanks in advance!
    www.nationwidemovingpros.com
    Nationwide Moving Pros- Your Answer For Moving Labor Help!

www.mymovingconnection.com
    Where Service Providers & Customers Meet!

Re: I am making my way through SEO..slowly..but surely!!

Cd..

I would assume that the header text, or page title or meta tags didnt contain the text you typed into the robot to analyze your site. Not having gone there and done that I wouldnt know for sure. But.. Dont waste alot of time making yourself feel stupid with robots! You have to understand what you are doing first.. and then tell the robot!

The empty alt tag means that you have a picture loaded and code generated for an alt tag, but nothing was found between the quotes. In other words when you loaded the picture into whatever builder you didnt type in any alternate text describing the picture. That is important as SE dont read pictures.. but they do read alt tags.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen so much for your feedback.

Any clue how I can add the text to the alt tag?

If anyone has any other suggestions for SEO?

Thanks in advance!!!!
      www.nationwidemovingpros.com
      Nationwide Moving Pros- Your Answer For Moving Labor Help!

www.mymovingconnection.com
      Where Service Providers & Customers Meet!

Comment

Well, without commenting on those - I will comment on some other things. Your page title isn't going to help you - it's got too much extraneous stuff in it - I bet you won't find anyone searching for "Looking for" or "Want a Free" You need the title to be using the best keyword phrase for that page that is what people use. Possible idea: Movers | Moving Quote | Moving Companies | Compare Movers

Notice how that gets rid of any garbage - but you need to do the research to see if those are the terms people are using - and then you need to HAVE the same terms on the page somewhere.

You have no headline at all on the page - so that could be what part of the other problem was.

If you add any picture in BV using the image feature - you have the option to put in alt text - it should be a very short description of what the picture is.

I went to see the titles on other pages - but when I clicked Loading/Unloading - it took me to your Links page - so before I go looking around more, I suggest you test all your links and make sure they go where they need to go :)

I also couldn't find a link back to the home page from the other pages.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X