PDA

View Full Version : images in Soholaunch shopping cart

cabbott
04-15-2007, 03:55 AM
Can somesone tell what I am doing wrong? Everytime I try to load pictures from filr manager into my product. they **** the pictue and then when I click on save and check my web site they do not show up on my product.

Karen Mac
04-15-2007, 07:44 AM
If you check your IT diagnostics Im sure its a permissions issue. Submit a support ticket to have them assign your OWNER permissions to your account name instead of "nobody"

Karen

cabbott
04-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Thank you Karen I will try that

cabbott
04-16-2007, 01:14 AM
How do you do IT diagnostics sorry feel like dummie

Karen Mac
04-16-2007, 05:26 AM
In your soho admin panel click the question mark in the upper right hand corner, then voda help opens.. second tab is IT diagnostics. Check the line that says PERMISSIONS you have to click it to expand it. Im willing to bet your group is owned by "NOBODY" instead of your user name, and ill bet none of the directories listed are writable and they all fail....if they pass great.. but that first one owned by nobody will have to be changed to your user name any way or it wont work across the board. Not just images you wont be able to update either.

Karen

cabbott
04-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Thank you Karen I will try that

cabbott
04-17-2007, 12:12 AM
I did what you said Karen it said Root dirctory group nobody writable failed . What do I do know. Technical support told me there was nothing wrong they did not need to assign anything

Karen Mac
04-17-2007, 03:51 AM
Its a soho issue and they need soho to fix it. It is an ISSUE as you wont be able to write to the tables, upload and view images, or update soho until that group is assigned to you.

Karen

cabbott
04-17-2007, 04:05 AM
Thank you again Karen you are so understanding and helpfull. I sent a ticket and they finally put in my usersname, but can you tell me where to go to get help with images they still will not show up in my web site, I down lod them into my product and they show the picture and I hit save thinking they are ok and when I go to my web site they do not show up and I go back to my product and they are gone again sorry to be such a bother

Karen Mac
04-17-2007, 04:12 AM
go to your webmaster icon, then the software updates and now UPDATE your builder

See if this resolves the issues for you. It should and it should make all the files readable and writeable meaning you can update all the tables including the display of images

Karen

Karen Mac
04-17-2007, 04:14 AM
Also after u update.. check the it diagnostics again

Karen

cabbott
04-17-2007, 04:26 AM
Thank you again, I went into the forum for soho and it seams I am not the only one having this problem, but know one there seems to answer how to fix this problem

Karen Mac
04-17-2007, 04:43 AM
LOL.. well I havent BEEN there today.. But I do know there is an ISSUE with phpsusexe on their latest update.. .and you may have to go manually change a ton of files to the 755.. even tho the folders say 755.. they didnt change. If your store didnt update.. let me know. I dont have time to login today.. or tomorrow.. well I really dont have time to even do my stuff.. till maybe FRIDAY. ALL i know is ive fixed a ton of SOHO sites lately.. and SOMEBODY IS GONNA GET THE BILL if its NOT resolved soon!

Karen

cabbott
04-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Thank you Karen for your help but I thought they fixed what you told me but it is back to no name in my root directory and is says it fails because of this. I have sent tickets to them and they do not seem to want to fix it. I am at a loss for words can not go any futher with my products, should I change to voda host web builder can I do this?

Karen Mac
04-18-2007, 06:53 AM
BV doesnt come with a shopping cart. And Im not sure why this issue isnt being resolved. Can you update the cart? See if that will resolve it.

Karen

Karen Mac
04-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Ive contacted Joe Lain at SOHO Luanch to see if he can help us get this resolved since I cant accurately get the message across.

Karen

Karen Mac
04-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Please put in another support ticket asking for group ownership to be changed to your user name, and it should be good to go now. Sorry for the inconvenience of this.

Thanks

Karen

cabbott
04-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Thank you again Karen your an angle. I went back to the original soho software down load and now my pictures are doing what they are suppose to do but now nothing is showing up in writing about my shipping, policies, in my shopping cart on my web site. Oh well I will keep trying to figure it out and thank you again.