Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email setting up questions - Tutorials didnt help

Hi,

please help. I have a deafult POP email address which i changed to other, more logical. when i go to webmail and send out a message -> message comes ffrom this default address anyway, secondly when i try to reply to my new dafault pop vodahost email adress i receive a message that this address doesnt exist. But i just sent a message from it!!!!

i admit, that i am a bit confused and i thought that Horde webmail is a mailbox like gmail, if i am wrong, could someone explain the difference.

secondly, why do i have to register the SMTP? what is it?

As i have created a new account, why messages are still sent from initial vodahost account?

I will be very gretful if someone helps, coz i am running circles here. tutorials dont help, coz dont tell the whole picture - jusr some bits of info, bit this is tooooooooooooooooooo confusingh for beginner. :)

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Re: email setting up questions - Tutorials didnt help

Hi Leila... Are you working your e-mail from in your C-Panel webmail or from your Outlook Express or e-mail program? You have to be sure to set up e-mail accounts in your C-Panel and in the e-mail program you utilize to handle e-mail from your Internet Service Provider.. Doug

Comment

Hello,

My website is www.cottageglentownhomes.com.

I too am having trouble with my email. I set up the email account in my cpanel, and then hit "Configure Outlook." I can receive emails through Outlook, (through the form on my website), but when I try to reply to those emails I get an error. I know it must be a SMTP problem, right? Here is the error code I am getting:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'info@cottageglentownhomes.com', Server: 'mail.cottageglentownhomes.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I am pretty illiterate about SMTP and POP3, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hi.. I know it is all confusing...So... In your Outlook on your PC... you have your main email address.. that's where your messages come in... now set up a new account in your PC Outlook...with Server Name mail.cottageglentownhomes.co... and User Name... with what ever email address you want to use... say like eaployd@cottageglentownhomes.com... so when you go to write an email you have a choice.. your regular address or the new address.. that will be listed as sender... when the mail goes out...I hope that helps... Doug

Comment

We thought those were dumb questions, I do not understand if I am suppose to configure all that list in the tutorial, or what?
          To explain my situation, I have info@quantumtouchkids.com and a couple others, I want them all to forward to my gmail account. I also have an autoreponder on. I have configured in the Cpanel, but am not receiving any forwards, and gmail is not on the list in the tutorials. Sorry. Real dumb.

Comment

the tutorials explain how to configure your own "mail servers" so that you can send and receive mail via your outlook, or outlook express etc.

Gmail is like your horde mail.

If you want your mail forwarded to gmail, you simply add your gmail address to forward your mail to, via the add forwarder in your mail in file manager ...

Your mail will then be forwarded to gmail, as well a copy will remain in your horde account ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X