PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of VodaHost

bcw757
04-16-2005, 08:46 AM
Have only recently moved onto the servers, but wow! I'm flat out amazed!

Previous Host Provider: Yahoo! Business

Let's do some comparing. On Yahoo! I was paying $19.95 for cgi scripting, what a rip. Half of the scripts I tried to run wouldn't work because only a few Perl modules were available. Geezz... Yahoo! gives you Sitebuilder with their package. Another rip. Try working on more than 2 or 3 pages at a time with this utility, and your computer will give you a big thud as it crashes and freezes. There are so many bugs with this program that it's just sickening. I ended up having to buy a 3rd party website builder. Let's see what else.... Oh yes, TECH SUPPORT! or lack there of! Put in a ticket, and you're guranteed to wait more than 48 hrs for a reply. They do have a customer support number, however I've never had the patience to talk to anyone. I waited on hold for 2 hours one time before finally giving up.

First Impressions of VodaHost: "Too Good To Be True"
I've tried a couple of other Website servers out there that charge under $10/month. With these servers you get minimal features, and in most cases need a college degree in computers to figure out what directory you're supposed to put your website material. No Thanks! With VodaHost I was completely surprised at what I got for my money! The array of scripts offered with cPanel is amazing, not to mention cPanel's ease of use. And if that weren't enough, they throw in the free website builder BVoda. Wow, is this thing good or what?! I completely re-done my entire 20 page website in about an hour! Completely unheard-of with SiteBuilder. Now we get to the real test: Speed! I was blown away when I transferred my forum files via FTP to Voda Servers! It took about an hour to download the files off of my Yahoo! servers, and it took less than 15 minutes to upload to Voda!! WOW! Then when I finally went checking my site out for broken links and whatnot, I was amazed at how fast everything was popping up! Of course the real question was the photo gallery, but everything just pops up so fast! It's almost like viewing a computer on my LAN!

Thanks again Vodahost web hosting (http://www.vodahost.com) for this very nice service you are providing!! You've got my vote, and I promise you will be getting more business pushed from my way to yours!

Sincerely,
Brandon White

Kimberly
06-12-2005, 03:08 PM
I am a rescent Yahoo web hosting convert who came to Voda. I just want to
thank the entire Voda team very very much. for helping with my problem.
Yahoo would not release my domain name. Sarah took care of everything.
Once again, thank you. I will be your customer for a long long time.

You guys are the BEEEEEEEEEEST!

Kim Bambrof

Aviator
07-04-2005, 03:06 AM
Yahoo Yasucks compared to you guys.

Psiablo
10-18-2005, 03:20 AM
Hi, I am a shopper. I am looking for a new host. The host I have now is a pain because of the downtime. I would like people to tell me what they think of this host. Is it worth it? Do you have any downtime? How is the support? Is it worth the money? Thx POST ASAP, I NEED TO GET AWAY FROM MY OTHER HOST.

racefan20
10-18-2005, 06:46 AM
VodaHost is well worth the money, and the support is excellent. I personally haven't experienced any downtime, other than my forum being offline a brief amount of time while they made some upgrades. Come on over, you'll be glad you did.

Glenn
10-18-2005, 08:17 AM
I had tried that many web site builders,and host it not funny.

I'am one customer that is there to stay.I have not had a problem with
any down time for my business site.

Not only that it is like a family here everybody helping everybody.

Gina
10-18-2005, 09:08 AM
Well I am very new here, just sign up today, But I have spent the past month
reasearching dozens if not hundreds of web hosts. I have also been through
almost every page of this forum and I am very satified with what i found

At first voda seems to good to be true..they offer so much and charge very
little money for there service..I especially like this forum, You can find everything
in here.

I will continue to keep you upadated with my findings, I can not wait to get started!!!
They said since I have to wait 24 hours for my account to be actived.

Gina Gallardo

gdprealestate
10-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Honestly. You won't find a better hosting company and besides...BLUE VODA's FREE! You can't go wrong. Check out my site. www.gerardpetty.com (http://www.gerardpetty.com) Very Easy to create-still not done though-thanks Blue Voda.

Gerard Petty
"If It's Real Estate in Florida, It's My Business"

www.gerardpetty.com (http://www.gerardpetty.com)
gerardpetty@gerardpetty.com

xdigimaster
10-18-2005, 02:22 PM
You will be a fool not to join vodahost.I mean,what else d you want?
300 GB bandwidth and 6 GB space(ok,maybe thespace is little)
but even if you need more,get an othe account.The money you need to pay is actually ridiculus.And i think that many people have misunderstood something.Just because Bluevoda needs a vodahost account doesn't mean vodahost needs bluevoda.My point is that someone profesional may not need so cool feature and just upload his site.It would be a PITS(pain in the ass :) ) to make him create the pages in bluevoda.So
a) you are a beginner and want a host:buy a vodahost account and use that awsome builder!!
b) you are pro and you have your site ready in html: just upload it with ftp.no need to worry about creating it in bluevoda.

sparrow
10-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Hi there,

I have had my account for just a small time and actually have just now put my site up. I tried to use other WebSite Builders but they have such a learning curve that I chose to use the BlueVoda. I was somewhat impatient to get a site up and running. I will still learn the more difficult website programs, but on a more relaxed time frame.
Blue Voda site builder was very easy to use. I did get stuck sometimes, but between the forums and the wonderful support host, my problems (mostly due to my error) were quickly resolved.
I have to honestly say that some other hosting places would probably not be as patient nor as friendly as the voda hosting. I know I have asked repetitive questions and in searching the forums I can see that others have done the same. But the difference between other host is that Voda does not belittle you or make you feel so stupid for asking. They will either answer your question or direct you to another thread where the same question was answered previously. Also, the more I work with the Blue Voda site builder, the more I am learning the ins and outs of it.
I would venture to say that anyone who joins up with Voda host will be very happy and satisfied with their choice. I know that so far I am very impressed and really have enjoyed using both the site builder and the hosting. My only concern is that I am worried about going over the bandwidth. But that is just me being a worry wort. I even posed this question and they have a very informative link which explains band width. I am not really that great at figuring out megs, and gigs and such but the explanation seems to be really well written. I am sure when I give it to my hubby (the math wiz) he will be able to decipher it for my simple mind.
Sorry so long of a reply, but I think you will be very happy if you choose Voda! Go For It!

Gina
11-06-2005, 05:40 PM
I have been a member now for about two weeks...So far so good. I have been more
or less living in this forum. There is SOOOO much information here, I am trying to soak
it all in, One little complaint I have....Not as much as complaint as a comment.

Everything is in English only, English is my second language and I speak It very well
but my husband who is also my business partner only speaks Spanish.

So I would suggest that if VodaHost really wanted to be a trully international company.
They should offer multi-langauge items such as tutorials and support. I think VodaHost
is fantastic, If it went spanish its business would triple, Are you reading this Mr. *****.

Start doing stuff in Spanish and VodaHost will take over the market. Nobody even
comes close to what VodaHost does in Spanish..

Gina

VodaHost
11-07-2005, 02:17 AM
Mucho Gracias Senora Gina

GarlicBreath
11-19-2005, 03:50 PM
You guys got my vote..I'm very impressed!

xdigimaster
11-20-2005, 05:19 PM
in plain english...the best web hosting on the net

limebrook1
11-30-2005, 11:10 AM
I never thought I would be capable of publishing a half way decent website. I have received some excellent comments about the quality of my site but will admit here that it is only thanks to the ease of use and quality of the BV product that my website is published at all!

Any one can publish a decent site using BV - and the support is second to none!

BV? Excellent, and incredible VFM!

Trish

http://www.limebrook.com (http://www.limebrook.com/)

Digital Zombie
12-11-2005, 09:33 PM
I just found this site today, I like what I see very much.

adonairc
12-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Hi, i've had the Vodahost Service for a month, and i can say the service is really good, better than that, is excellent; also you get many tools and information that worth every penny you pay.

Don't hesitate, go with Vodahost =)

Gina
12-14-2005, 03:48 PM
You guys just keep getting better and better...

sparrow
12-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi there,

Just an update on my Voda Host opinion. They are still Awesome! I have had other hosting companies who fizzle out and end up being very difficult to work with. I definately give a thumbs up to everyone at Voda. You just can't find a better customer service oriented team.
Any time I have questions and submit a support ticket, they promptly email me and help me out.

pet121
12-16-2005, 06:45 PM
I must agree Blue Voda is a very good program and service. They are truly way ahead of the competitors. pet121

VodaHost
12-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Thanks Guys...Merry Christmas!

StormySkiez
01-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Hello everyone. I'm like most of you, looking for the easiest most affordable website building program and host. I like what I have seen on the forums here so far. Everyone seems very polite and friendly. I really like seeing examples of people’s websites and experience they have had using BV.

Girlonthehill
01-11-2006, 04:10 AM
VodaHost is Top Banana. Number one for value, service, support and friendliness. I doubt you could find better anywhere! I'm hooked and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a host.

Lincslady
01-17-2006, 02:54 AM
Hi everyone! <waves from a wet n windy UK

After months of searching for a web host i thought i'd found a great one, one of the main things i was searching for was a good website builder and great customer service (polite n friendly us brits love that :)), but after signing up and actually trying to build a website on thier builder it wasnt as great as i first thought and for the last few weeks ive struggled to do the most basic of tasks with thier builder .....then... i found bluevoda...what can i say...its fantasticallymarvelous! :)

I'm a complete novice in both website building and business and now i'm trying to do both so a website builder such as bluevoda that is easy to use and understand and has support to is a must, i was so happy to have found such a package that i had no hesitation about signing up with voda ... i cant wait to get started!..if everything else lives up to what ive already tested...i'm going to be a very happy bunny

I have a question tho

My partner lives in the USA...is it possible for us to both work together thro the builder?...can i sign him up thro my account as a user?

Thank you:)

Lincs

racefan20
01-17-2006, 07:10 AM
I have a question tho

My partner lives in the USA...is it possible for us to both work together thro the builder?...can i sign him up thro my account as a user?

Thank you:)

Lincs

This thread should be useful to you: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/general-support-issues/3072-working-different-pcs.html

Lincslady
01-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Thank you racefan ..just what i was looking for :)

Lincs

pjandjay
01-21-2006, 05:20 AM
Voda is absolutely AWESOME. I just cannot believe how easy they make it for people that are IT challenged! Their customer support is FABULOUS! I've never had to wait long at all for response and they are always so helpful!

PJ
:)

newbuilder
01-21-2006, 12:57 PM
I guess you dont need to be told this, but Bluevoda website builder is amazing. Absolutely straightforward and yet contining all the complex stuff you need. Why aren't other programmes like this? I'm in Manchester, UK
John

rashid
02-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Dear sir/Madam Hi,
It is indeed going to be vey useful for new learners and hope that that persons concerned would be available to help. As I am just a beginner and have no idea how to build a website, but certainly I will read the tutorials to help me out.
Thanks and best regards to all,
rashid

xoqez
02-14-2006, 06:04 AM
I have been using vodahost for a fews months now and after transfering from a product that was cost over $1000 a year to a $150 odd I am impressed - I have stuffed up a few times but tech support have been there for me the whole way and this forum is a knowledge base which has taught me more than I ever knew possible.

I cant believe that there is a hosting company as good as vodahost.

I would like to thank vodahost for saving me money and time and given me the freedom to control my own internet.

Your the best!

VodaHost
03-02-2006, 12:24 AM
I have been using vodahost for a fews months now and after transfering from a product that was cost over $1000 a year to a $150 odd I am impressed - I have stuffed up a few times but tech support have been there for me the whole way and this forum is a knowledge base which has taught me more than I ever knew possible.

I cant believe that there is a hosting company as good as vodahost.

I would like to thank vodahost for saving me money and time and given me the freedom to control my own internet.

Your the best!

Your very welcome....

mark6110
05-31-2006, 04:26 PM
Two weeks ago I thought building a website was impossible without a degree in computer science .
Now I have my first site up and running!
Bluevoda is great but it is the support in the shape of the tutorials and forums that makes it so special.
It is fantastic and I can&#180;t recommend it highly enough! The only real choice for newbies like me!

mark6110
05-31-2006, 04:56 PM
I searched long and hard before even considering who to go with. I am a real newbie, I know nothing about web design or hosting or .... anything really!
At least thats how I felt as I worked through 1,000s of web pages looking for a web building tool in a language I could understand!
I found bluevoda first, and it was a revelation. Everytime I thought I was stuck I went to the tutorials or the forums and the answer was always there!
So when it came time to look for a host for my site (which I built in bluevoda, on my own, in 6 days!!!!) it didn't take very long! It had to be vodahost. Cost was not the biggest concern for me, usability and support were the key deciding factors.
My first site is up and running! I have gone from having my broadband connected to having a functioning website in 2 weeks! All thanks to bluevoda and vodahost.
checkout www.lorissecrets.co.uk (http://www.lorissecrets.co.uk) Thank you vodahost! A+++++++++
I am not going anywhere, I know I'm home!

Mbizeni
06-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Good people, can anyone tell me how to subscribe to vodahost if you do not have a credit card, and you are in another country, South Africa? How does $95.40 move from my bank to Vodahost? Please!!!

VodaHost
06-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Good people, can anyone tell me how to subscribe to vodahost if you do not have a credit card, and you are in another country, South Africa? How does $95.40 move from my bank to Vodahost? Please!!!

Please click the below...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/pre-sales-forum/7913-help-i-do-not-have-credit-card.html

kassi59
06-03-2006, 09:50 PM
I signed up with VodaHost after doing some internet searching and I too was a Yahoo!...OMG, that place didnt answer any questions. I was always alone in trying to build my site, didnt know how to use the sitebuilder, and couldnt find the answer in the vast stream of "what question to ask to get the correct answer". Actually Im still trying to find out how to delete my guestbook that is getting spammed BIGTIME!..lol..I do know how to make it private and thats all I can do at the moment..
I really wish there was a way to show you my yahoo site and the site I have created here with BlueVoda and the help here on the forum..its soo funny...One of my reasons for coming here, I had downloaded many site builders. and when I downloaded BV I fell in love...and you dont leave once you fall in love!....lol
The simplicity and complexity was wonderful! Have a question? its answered...and I love the fact that its often answered by people like me that are learning themselves...no snoberotity here!...lol
I keep telling others and my slogan now is...
Its your business and your gain to switch over to VodaHost!

RLDuff
06-05-2006, 03:07 AM
I am really thinking about starting up my web page on here soon. i'm new to this so i need to ask a couple of questions. This webpage i wanted to set up is an artist website for a singer selling Cd's and giving some info. My question is will voda allow for me to get a lot of sales? and i wanted to see some previews of how my website can look like if it is possible? One other thing i wanted to know is how do you all let other people know about my site across the web so i could get more sales?

Girlonthehill
06-05-2006, 03:21 AM
I am really thinking about starting up my web page on here soon. i'm new to this so i need to ask a couple of questions. This webpage i wanted to set up is an artist website for a singer selling Cd's and giving some info. My question is will voda allow for me to get a lot of sales? and i wanted to see some previews of how my website can look like if it is possible? One other thing i wanted to know is how do you all let other people know about my site across the web so i could get more sales?
Blue Voda gives YOU the opportunity to build a website as simple or as fantastic as you want it to be. Your only limit is your creativity. There are lots of shopping carts that will work with your BV designed website - including zencart, cubecart, cart Manager, Mals-e and PayPal, to name only a few. Again, what you make of these is up to you. If you are thinking that you may be selling thousands and thousands if items then you may want to consider OSCommerce which again, works in conjunction with BV or SohoLaunch which is an online website design tool (available once you set up your hosting account).

To see previews of what you can achieve with your website deign - take a good look through the 'Promote Your Website' forum. This is where members showcase their sites and receive feedback from other members. There are thousands to look at. It's impossible to show you a preview of how your site could look because you have to build it.

Lastly, when your site is finished and is up and running, you are entitled to a 'one off' search engine submission. VodaHost will perform this service for you thus introducing you to the major search engines. The rest is up to you.

If you make the time to read through some of the forums here you will, no doubt, save yourself a lot of time and trouble in the long run. I recommend 'Tips & Tricks' and the 'VodaHits and Search Engines' forums.

Good luck with your website.

nick1346
06-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Hi There

First thing build your site! You'll get all the help you need to do that believe me but people can't do it for you. Then promote it, get links to and from other sites. This is what I'm doing at the moment, I'm on the phone selling my idea. Build you site and go for it.

Cheers
Nick

kassi59
06-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Ive been here for about months and my site has not only improved 2fold+ but Im getting more and more exposure and financial gains than at the "Y" place!...lol
I have just build another site and did it in about 3days!....once all the concerns and questions are over site building here is a breeze!
Once you download BlueVoda you can preview you pages so you can have an idea of what they will look like!
Go for it take the plunge!
My partner is a musician (writes music/lyrics) and he wants me to think about creating a site for him, so I may in the future be doing the same type thing!

nick1346
06-05-2006, 12:57 PM
And on the main thread....

I'm lucky, I never had a site hosted by anyone else and never will do. I haven't encountered all those problems that the others have listed, it's been hard work but the help and tools are always there. I didn't even need to do much looking around, Bluevoda just fell into my lap.
Without blue voda I wouldn't have my sites and I wouldn't have the opportunity that I have now, I just couldn't do it anywhere else.
Thanks ***** and co!

Collectors-info
06-05-2006, 02:58 PM
If you’re new or experienced, I personally have not found a more helpful bunch of ladies & gents in getting you started with a new web site. A lot of other host's could learn a lot from this company.
If you have had that situation with some hosts where you wait for days for an answer on a query & start banging your head on the wall because they don’t get back to you. Take a serous look at Vodahost; they will save you a fortune in aspirin.

Well done Vodahost. (From one very happy customer)

Chris.

samrc38
06-30-2006, 09:29 PM
I was very happy to find a place that would actually help me as I have been trying to set up a web page for weeks now and I know that you can help me. So I will thank you in advance.
samrc

moviemedic
06-30-2006, 09:34 PM
I have been using vodahost for a couple of months now and they have been great. I am very new to the forum, it has been fun and educational. I have made support ticket several times and I was alway impressed with the response time and help given. I do try to read all written information two or three times before I contact them.

Vodahost host is awesome!

Vasili
07-11-2006, 07:57 AM
After months of exhaustive research across the expanse of the internet looking for the one resource that would meet the unique needs of a multi-national group of companies, VodaHost emerged as the singularly distinctive Preferred Provider we could "partner" with without hestitation.

The unbeatable list of features, capabilities, superlative Customer Support, and unfailing committment to Complete Customer Satisfaction has proven to be the epitome to which all other internet providers strive to emulate.

My continued success depends on the choices and relationships I make, and I am always mindful of my complete confidence in VodaHost.

Invest in your future, your online success....choose VodaHost!
You will not be disappointed!

Charles Shaw
07-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Voda Host is so powerful and easy to use. We are amazed at how far we have come in our website designs and the help from the VH community forum is (hate to use the overused, but will) awesome!
We are very pleased to have found BV and VH.

Saludos,
Yucatanchas and kate

1CARU5
01-24-2007, 04:39 AM
I just downloaded voda and am going to try it out i heard nothing but good things about it so i am very excited when i get my webpage built to have it up and running with voda