how to mouse over text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to mouse over text

Im setting up a website for my mother inlaw enchantedfabricart.com on the gallery page i have made it so you can inlarge the pics of art work by clicking on them. I would like it to say "click to enlarge" when you mouse over any of the pictures can this be done

Thanks, David

Re: how to mouse over text

This any good!

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I find the images too tiny to appreciate.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi, this is just a tester, you can have size of the thumbnail & the lager image any size you wish.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

If you want people to click images to enlarge - you'd be better off putting text on the page which says that. And make the text that you want to be clickable - keyword rich text of what the pictures are.

To do as you say - they'd have to be smart enough to mouse over the picture to get the text. If they know to mouse over - they'll recognize that it's clickable. But - putting non-clickable text on the page - saying something like - "Please click on these images to see them larger and in greater detail." would be better for the people viewing the page.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

I agree with Bethers. An example of this is on a website I am currently working on. Take a look at http://www.skyhighphotographs.co.uk/

Comment

I prefer the use of the gallery, and then enabling your image to open in a pop up window which only opens the size of the photo size you use as opposed to an image opening in the top left corner of a full sized page ...

You can see the use of the gallery for small images that open in their own pop up window on this page of a site I did ...

So many choices eh! I find most people attempt to click pictures if they are small to see if there is an enlargement ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Have to agree with Beth in preferences to how it may work. But the only thing with BV’s pop up's, is that it is not cross browser compatible. Well at least I can’t get it to work with some browsers as a proper pop up, IE: 200x200. I just get a new page opening with the image in the top left corner in some browsers. (Really unprofessional looking) But with this script you can make it work with clicks/mouse-over & so on with no pop up at all, as it works on the same page. I have tried it in quite a few browsers without problem.
                Only down side is you have to do some work with this one. lol
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                  Have to agree with Beth in preferences to how it may work. But the only thing with BV’s pop up's, is that it is not cross browser compatible. Well at least I can’t get it to work with some browsers as a proper pop up, IE: 200x200. I just get a new page opening with the image in the top left corner in some browsers. (Really unprofessional looking) But with this script you can make it work with clicks/mouse-over & so on with no pop up at all, as it works on the same page. I have tried it in quite a few browsers without problem.
                  Only down side is you have to do some work with this one. lol
                  The use of the gallery and using it individually for each image on your page, as I have done, is totally compatible with internet explorer and firefox browsers. The size of the pop up is dependent on the image that you use and resize firstly ... The image pops up in a window the size of your image in all cases ... not sitting there in the left corner as a full page and small image on it ... There is a few settings within the properties that must be set up to have this work as you want it ... easy though

this works for me Chris in both browsers as I've said ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Forgot to mention, that another nice thing about using the gallery as opposed to a script is that your enlargements can be all different sizes, useful if all your images cannot be resized the same, takes away any possibility of your images distorting if the same size is used, it's not possible for all images to be one size.

And like Bethers says, "If they know to mouse over - they'll recognize that it's clickable. But - putting non-clickable text on the page - saying something like - "Please click on these images to see them larger and in greater detail." would be better for the people viewing the page."

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
                      Forgot to mention, that another nice thing about using the gallery as opposed to a script is that your enlargements can be all different sizes, useful if all your images cannot be resized the same, takes away any possibility of your images distorting if the same size is used, it's not possible for all images to be one size.

And like Bethers says, "If they know to mouse over - they'll recognize that it's clickable. But - putting non-clickable text on the page - saying something like - "Please click on these images to see them larger and in greater detail." would be better for the people viewing the page."

You are quite right Lady eye, sometimes it’s just not that easy to have all images the same size. I uploaded a test block of images & it was my browser that was set wrong. For the pop ups using gallery. One small thing I noticed? In opera I get 2 windows open & then one closes & all is OK. Oh well, go with the majority.
                      Wouldn’t it be nice if you could have pop ups with no frame. Just an X like the light box gallery.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                        You are quite right Lady eye, sometimes it’s just not that easy to have all images the same size. I uploaded a test block of images & it was my browser that was set wrong. For the pop ups using gallery. One small thing I noticed? In opera I get 2 windows open & then one closes & all is OK. Oh well, go with the majority.
                        Wouldn’t it be nice if you could have pop ups with no frame. Just an X like the light box gallery.
                        I'd agree Chris, now there is something for you to work on ... lol

Please let me know when you have it ready!! I'll even buy it, lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

It would be nice to have the mouse over text because I have used images of products (company image) and would like it that when you moved the mouse over the image it displayed the product or company that is behind the thumbnail.

See example at www.exportbc.com (click on small red maple leaf in header to access site) and then click on "Products" to see why I need a mouse-over text.

Danny

Comment

Hi Danny, if you choose the gallery method and choose pop up window, the mouse over text will appear - you just need to name the photo what you might want it to say ... (hopefully not too long for the name of an image,) but you can do this ... mouse over text does appear in this feature. You can get these images looking and appearing like the lightbox feature with just a little work on your own and you would have mouse over text ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi folks,

Much is said about the mouse over effect of images and text.

Chris link is about the best I can see to describe the desired effect I would like to see

This is not my thread but those in the know seem to all come here to discuss this matter specifically.

I need to know how to create the effect of a different lightbox appearing when I plae my mouse over another image?

If this is not the correct place please post me in my thread.
                              Kind Regards
                              Rob
                              www.gnjgf.co.za
                              www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Working...
                              X