www.industrialsuppliesandservices.com

Re: H1 headings not postitioned right in different browsers

What do you mean by H1 and H2 headings?

Your website looks perfectly OK!

Abu.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi, I can see what you mean! It’s a real pain trying to get those <h1> tags on the page if you are trying to keep things tight together on a page. I have tried putting them into html boxes/tables/ but can’t get them to stay in 1 place with all browsers. I have found that I would have to place the code 25-30mm from where it ends up in the preview & can often be covering a link on my page & then stop that from working.
      Be nice if one of the code writers could help with this on a couple of alternate ways that it might be done.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey Chris, Your site looks fine in both Firefox and IE.

I hope this can be answered. I can get everything else on my pages
        to look ok in other browsers just not the H1 and H2 tags.
        I am in the beginning stages of my site so if there is not a way to remedy
        this I may need to go to a different web builder.

Randy

Comment

Hi, sorry it was another site I was working on. The one below hasn’t got any tags as it kept messing the pages up so much.
          It would be really nice to have the same facility as hyper linking a word or some text, but instead of a hyperlink, have the facility to place h1/h2/h3/h4/h5 tags around a word or phrase. Would make life a lot easier.
          I will pop it in the ideas area.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

If you are "squeezing" the element, you'll have a problem. Also - are you making the html box wide enough -

I don't have any more problem with them moving than if I put the heading on the page using a text element. I simply have to adjust for the slight difference between the different browsers that using different elements can make.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth,
              Thanks so much.
              I'm not sure what squeezing the element means? :)

By text element do you mean a text box?? And if so, how do I create an H1 tag using a text box.
              I thought you had to use an html box.

Blessings,
              Randy

Comment

Hi Beth,
                Ah! I didn’t realise you could <h1> a whole group of words, I got the impression that it should be a single word or a very short phrase, like in your instance,
                <h1>Toddler’s bedroom décor</h1>
                But I notice on yours you have a h1 tag on,
                Child, Baby and Toddler Bedroom Décor Kids Bedding, Rugs, Clocks, Furniture and Accessories.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                  Hi Beth,
                  Ah! I didn’t realise you could <h1> a whole group of words, I got the impression that it should be a single word or a very short phrase, like in your instance,
                  <h1>Toddler’s bedroom décor</h1>
                  But I notice on yours you have a h1 tag on,
                  Child, Baby and Toddler Bedroom Décor Kids Bedding, Rugs, Clocks, Furniture and Accessories.
                  I was also under the same impression that it should be done for one max two headings. Is there something I dont know?

I also had this problem with BlueVoda. I also tried everything and couldn't get it to stay in the same place for all browsers. I came to the conclusion that the way that it looks in BV is the way it will look in IE. In FireFox it will move down some. You've got to give it a little room so that it wont crash into your text. It's really quite simple to compensate for, just make sure that it looks ok in the BV window, then you know IE is covered... but allow just a little bit of space for FF visitors. The fastest way for me to make sure my pages were good was to use Firefox as my default browser so that I could preview in firefox while making sure it looked good in BV for IE.
                  Best Regards,
                  Alex
                  Surveillance Systems
                  Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                  Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Sorry! I should have said. Beth’s is all under 1 heading & there is only one h1 tag on this page that covers these words.
                    <h1>Child, Baby and Toddler Bedroom D&#233;cor Kids Bedding, Rugs, Clocks, Furniture and Accessories</h1>
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

The H1 heading is basically telling the search engines to look at me, "I'm important" So you should put what ever you want the search engines to pay extra attention to. For most that would be the key word or word that are drawing people to your site. Whether it's a word or phrase or more than one word.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                        Sorry! I should have said. Beth’s is all under 1 heading & there is only one h1 tag on this page that covers these words.
                        <h1>Child, Baby and Toddler Bedroom Décor Kids Bedding, Rugs, Clocks, Furniture and Accessories</h1>
                        Ok, i thought each had its own h1 tag.
                        Best Regards,
                        Alex
                        Surveillance Systems
                        Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                        Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Re: H1 headings postitioning in different browsers

There should be only ONE h1 tag on any page - it should be what you would consider the headline of that page. Think of it as a newspaper - the top largest type headline at the top of each section is the h1 tag.

Normally it should be fairly short - but you can use some larger phrases on occasion. You will also notice on some of my pages I placed a fairly short h1 with an h2 below it - which gives emphasis on the other terms, but keeps the h1 short and sweet.

No, the h1 can't be put into a text element. When I said squeezing elements - I meant that you might be placing the html box and text elements too close together on a page - therefore making it have to adjust the page - and the different browsers could adjust them slightly differently.
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                          X