Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BV Store: Please Review

Hello Everyone,

I just built this store and would like any reviews for adjustments and improvements.

http://www.ediblecafe.com

Thank you all very much.
    Simply Quit - Smoking

Re: New BV Store: Please Review

It looked nice and clean. Perhaps I would have used a different link color or overeffect on the links to compliment the colors of the site rather than the standard blue hyperlink color, but it works fine.
    Best Regards,
    Alex
    Surveillance Systems
    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
    Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Hi Alex,

I did think of that for some of the links, but not all. I may go back and change to a less obtrusive color.

Thank you for looking.
      Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Yeah, it's all about personal preference. I guess it's the Martha Stewart in me or somethin. lol.
        Best Regards,
        Alex
        Surveillance Systems
        Restaurant POS | Retail POS
        Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Hey Ace

I like your site, nice and clean and easy to navigate.

Do you advertise locally or are you intending to sell to the world market. If so I think you should add more content about your products with specific keywords to help in Search Engine Ranking. But you probably already know about all that as you have other sites.

Great site, good luck.
          Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi Phil.C,

I do not advertise locally. I only have the website. At this time I only sell for the U.S. markets, but as soon as I can figure out the shipping for oversease markets in cart manager I will do that.

I am working on getting more content for the products in the category boxes, but it will take time.

Thanks for your comments I do appreciate them.
            Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Hi Ted;
              You have really put alot of work into this one! it looks real good ( the food also).LOL I grew up in Seattle, and have live in Alaska, so you have hit a soft spot for me. One little thing I noticed, on your about us page, the name (Edible) is spelled wrong. Now I sound like Bill, Check your spelling and check it again.LOL Good luck and keep selling.
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Hey there, looking good. I would recommend you reduce your page width down to 800 so that it will fit on all screen resolutions.

The few people who are still on this size monitor have to scroll right to see the whole of your page content and it can be really annoying, so much so that i usually leave a website like this quite soon.

Apart from that, the colours are great, navigation is real easy to use and you've done an excellent job all round.

keep up the good work
                Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Thank you for the reviews.

Mike--My wife and I lived in the Seattle area for approximately 10 years before we moved. I did fix the spelling on the About Us page.

Mook--Thank you very much. I was going on the page size Beth recommends and what she uses on her sites. I really can't reduce the width because the header is set as are the tables.

I do appreciate you both taking the time to look.
                  Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Hi Ace, How on earth did you get it looking so good with all those html errors ??.............lol

Have you looked at your souce code lately??

Can you tell me which store your using and how does one BUY something ??

I can see that you have put in a lot of hard work and its looking good.
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                    Newbies / Beginners Forum
                    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi David,

Now you REALLY have my attention. I did not look at the source code and was not aware that there were a lot of html errors in the edible cafe store. I know it is not a problem to buy things in two of the stores. I am most concerned with the edible cafe store. I was unaware that one could not buy something in that store. I have used cart manager and placed the add to cart button on the product pages. I may have to go back and put it in the category pages also.

Thanks for the good comments. Could you elaborate a little more on the "source code" situation please.
                      Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Well done, lovely site. I do agree with the other comments made about the colours, but you are dealing with that. When you figure out how to ship your caviar to South Africa, be in touch. I now leave you to go to the fridge for some Norwegian Salmon, thanks to you making me hungry.
                        Cheers and good luck

Tel: +27 799 37 47 63

Comment

Ted

Looks like you tried to do a meta tag and got this

335Warning: <tmarlett> attribute name "comcast.net?subject" (value="customerservice"") is invalid335Error: <tmarlett> is not recognized

I got that off sitereportcard.com.

The rest are just syntax errors.

Also where you have the home etc, contact us text links? The contact us goes below your margin there on every page that I looked at, might want to move that up just a bit while yer doing.. but other than that its looking pretty good..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I obvbiously didnt go into your site far enough, I tried clicking the price below the pics, so now I can buy and I also found out what cart you are using ...................

If you take a look at your source code you will see 2 lots of this:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
                            <html>
                            <head>
                            <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
                            <title>Smoked Salmon, Smoked Salmon Jerky, Salmon Caviar</title>
                            <meta name="KEYWORDS" content="wild salmon, alaska smoked salmon, food gift baskets, salmon gift, Omega 3 fatty acid, holiday gifts, Pacific Northwest, corporate gifts, wild smoked salmon, all natural, smoked salmon recipe, gift basket">
                            <meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="Smoked Salmon is our specialty. Our all natural Native American recipe creates smoked salmon that will delight even the most critical salmon lover.">
                            <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
                            <style type="text/css">
                            div#container
                            {
                            width: 1000px;
                            position: relative;
                            margin-top: 0px;
                            margin-left: auto;
                            margin-right: auto;
                            text-align: left;
                            }
                            body
                            {
                            text-align: center;
                            margin: 0;
                            }
                            </style>
                            <META name="revisit-after" content="5 days">
                            <META name="robots" content="index, follow">
                            <META name="Robots" content="All">

</head>
                            <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" link="#8B0000" vlink="#FF0000" alink="#98FB98">
                            <div id="container">
                            <div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:161px;top:705px;widt h:526px;height:231px;z-index:0" align="left">
                            <table width="100%" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" id="Table2">
                            <tr>
                            <td align="left" valign="top" bgcolor="#8B0000" width="522" height="24">&nbsp;</td>
                            </tr>
                            <tr>
                            <td align="left" valign="top" width="522" height="202">&nbsp;</td>
                            </tr>
                            </table></div>
                            <div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:0px;top:186px;width: 159px;height:436px;z-index:1" align="left">

.................................................. .....................

now repeated..............

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
                            <html>
                            <head>
                            <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
                            <title>Menu</title>
                            <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
                            <style type="text/css">
                            div#container
                            {
                            width: 1000px;
                            position: relative;
                            margin-top: 0px;
                            margin-left: auto;
                            margin-right: auto;
                            text-align: left;
                            }
                            body
                            {
                            text-align: center;
                            margin: 0;
                            }
                            </style>
                            <script type="text/javascript">
                            <!--

etc...............................
                            Have fun
                            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                            Newbies / Beginners Forum
                            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Yeah

Meta tags cant go anywhere but in the head tags, dont put them in any divisions.

David? Is some that due to the php header, navigation, etc? I think it is to some extent, because you have to do them as includes and they each have their own body tags etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X