publishing passwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing passwords

Hi I am having trouble with publication of the website as when i click publish it comes up with ' internet exception error 12014, the request to log on and connect to the FTP server could not be completed because supplied pass word is incorrect', any help with this would be appreciated as i have been trying to publish for nearly 2 weeks now.

Thanks

Re: publishing passwords

Hi... You can reset your password in the C-Panel..the password you use to go the C-panel should be the same one you use to publish pages .. And you might want to review the Publishing Pages Tutroial... If all else fails... submit a ticket through customer support ... they are real good about getting things up and running... Doug

Comment

Re: publishing passwords

Please download the newest version of Blue Voda (release 4-19), which has the updated list of servers you publish to and many of the "bugs" fixed, and make sure you are indeed publishing to the correct server.

If you are using your original password and are publishing to the correct server, you may need to "refresh" your computer's cache (different than simply cleaning your browser's) by flushing it and then be able to connect cleanly:
      1) Close down open all browsers
      2) On your computer click >>> Start
      3) Next click >>> Programs
      4) Next click >>> Accessories
      5) Next click >>> Command Prompt
      6) This will open a black background dialog box
      7) Type in ipconfig/flushdns and and then hit ENTER.....

Turn off your system, unplug/refresh your Modem for at least 1 full minute, and restart your system.

This cleans your system properly.

VodaHost does not recommend changing your Password unless you have a clear breach of security (mostly from sharing it with others).
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X