publishing assistance needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing assistance needed

OH NO! My Real Estate page comes up instead of my Memoriesdvds page on Yahoo, etc!
    It's an addon domain, I wanted them to be seperate.
    www.memoriesdvds.com is one site.
    www.woodlandparkrealestate-stagedhomes.com is supposed to be a different site, but comes up instead of the memories site!
    I want 2 sites. What am I doing wrong????
    Memories gets alot of hits each day...I'm going to be throwing these folks for a loop!
    Debi
    Debi
    DBoucher-Photography.com

Re: Help!!! RE page coming up instead of Memoriesdvds page

Debi-
    Well- I suggest that you open a support ticket asap and see if they can get it straightened out.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Yes, Andy. I submitted a ticket. I've made a mess of things here :(
      I'm now showing the index page for memoriesdvds.com when the site is searched for, but I prefer that to them getting a real estate website instead! Hopefully I'll hear something from Support soon.
      Debi
      Debi
      DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Debi-maybe this will help:
        You’ll need to go back and republish your first sites INDEX page.

When you click on “publish page” in bv, you see these fields:
        Site IP:
        Username:
        password:
        folder:

When you published your main site you published it to: public_html

For a second site (add-on) you need to publish with the extension: public_html/addonsitesname

So, In the folder field it should show: public_html
        Leave it as is for publishing your main site - you must publish your index page first

For your add-on you need to type the extension /nameofaddonsite
        (do not add the.com)
        So if this site is your add on it would look like this: public_html/woodlandparkrealestate-stagedhomes

Then click publish –Again be sure to publish your Index page for that site first.
        Hopefully That should work.
        Beck
        www.hitchikinghorses.com
        www.picturetours.net
        www.cancshires.com
        www.gypsyfeathers.com

Comment

Debi, Follow Becks advice and let me know if that works. If it doesn't, we can web conference again and I'll see if I can help you.
          Affordable Medical Insurance
          Discount Dental Plan
          Washington State Health Insurance
          Temporary Health Insurance
          Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

I beleive that the problem is that you had published the index page of the second site in the public_html folder, and that's why the second site was coming up.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You are all absolutely RIGHT! Thank you so much, Yes, Naval, that's what I did, and Beck thanks so much for the step by step. MemoriesDVDS is up and running again (with a streched out Nav bar, tho, Hmmmm.... how'd that happen? It looks fine on the BV pages, but online it's weirded out?) Motoxxx, you are terrific to offer help yet again.

Ok, with that back (and so easily!), I have yet another problem...
              When I try to publish the notorious Real Estate page, using Beck's good advice, I'm getting a 505 error message, no such file or directory. I'm thinking my problem there might be in file manager or FTP? Any advice?

Amazing how much I forgot after doing the first one....I think I basically muddled thru it without retaining much :)
              Thanks again to you all!
              Debi
              Debi
              DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

PS Re: Nav Bar: My page widths are set properly at 800, and size is set at 11, as it was before...
                Debi
                DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

You must have a folder inside of your public_html folder with the correct addon name
                  This will be where you publish everything for the second site.

public_html/whateverthecorrectnameis?
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Hey CarbonTerry,
                    Yes, I have a folder in file manager named

public_html/woodlandparkrealestate-stagedhomes

and I put that in the "folder" line on the publish box.

Then, when I hit publish, I get the 550 error message that says "can't change directory to (etc.) no such file or directory"

And I don't have a clue!
                    Any ideas? Any ideas on the Nav Bar? :)
                    Debi
                    Debi
                    DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

When I try to publish the notorious Real Estate page, using Beck's good advice, I'm getting a 505 error message, no such file or directory. I'm thinking my problem there might be in file manager or FTP? Any advice?
                      The addon domain folder is probably called (it was autocreated when you added the addon) woodlandparkrealestate-stagedhomes so you need to publish in public_html/woodlandparkrealestate-stagedhomes . Make sure no whitespaces exist anywhere, especially at the end of it (a white space is interpreted by BV as a character)

Connect with FTP and look exactly how the addon domain folder is called, and publish in that folder.
                      Navaldesign
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval,
                        This is what I've got, I copied and pasted to be absolutely certain:

public_htmlwoodlandparkrealestate-stagedhomes FTP

public_html/woodlandparkrealestate-stagedhomes Publishing box

Still getting the 550 error
                        Guess I'm just special :)
                        Debi
                        Debi
                        DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Debi, you are missing the / after the public_html however this is not the problem as i beleive this is simply a typo. Make sure there is no blank spaces after ....homes . To check, place the cursor after the last character, and then press Cancel some times, to cancel any blank spaces if they exist.

Also, make SURE you are publishing to the correct IP ADDRESS
                          Navaldesign

Comment

I think you have already published to the wrong directories, the best and fastest solution is for us to reset your account from scratch and for you to republish. Next time please do not use such a long name for you addon directory.

woodlandparkrealestate-stagedhomes
                            is too long and easy to make mistakes with, call it site2 or something short like that.

Please click the below to submit a support ticket and request a account reset....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Try navals advice first!!!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X