Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bookmarks - please point me in the right direction :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookmarks - please point me in the right direction :)

Hi all
    Okay I've read through several threads, but I still haven't found the answer I need. Could some one help me figure this out -I've given up looking - I pretty sure this can be done, it said so in some of the threads, but maybe not in an I-frame?

PROBLEM:
    Here is what I'm trying to do:
    www.gypsyfeathersranch.com/home.html if you go here, then click on the "Mares page" you'll see the mares page open in an I-frame -all good so far -then scroll down to one of the lower horses "Sammy" will work - Click on the photo gallery link above her name - what happens is the gallery I've set up opens up in place (within the I-frame that exactly what I want it to do, but instead of opening at the top of the page, it is opening at the bottom of the page. Now if you were to click on a gallery link of a mare at the top of the mares’ page the issue isn't a problem - just as we scroll down to the lower mares.

Q 1): How can I get each gallery (page) to open at the top?
    Q 2) Will book-marking work?
    Q2a) And if so - How what do I do to make it work?
    Please keep in mind I've NEVER used a bookmark before.
    But I did figure out how to make the bookmarks work within the same page

Thanks -
    Beck
    www.hitchhikinghorses.com
    www.picturetours.net
    www.candcshires.com
    www.gypsyfeathersranch.com

Re: Bookmarks - please point me in the right direction :)

The page that you are having load into the IFrame- make sure the page properties, as far as length - are set as short as possible. If content only goes down 600 pixels- then make sure the page is only that long. Give that try.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Andy, but I made the I-frame as long as my longest page (to fit)
      See the whole web site loads in the I-frame with the exceptions of: the index page, memorial page, and guest book... That way my music plays continually even when surfing the pages.

So the Mares page is the longest page that loads in there - that’s the page I used for measurements when figuring the I-frame that is located on my home page and all my other pages are shorter then the mares page is.

But even if I put the Mares Gallery all on one page, I'd like it to work by clicking A particular mares photo gallery link above each name on the "mares page" it would take you directly to the top of her particular photos...
      so one wouldn't have to scroll or search the whole gallery page for that horses photos.

Beck

Comment

Beck-
        I understand about the IFrame being equal to the longest page presented. I was refering to the page being presented INSIDE the IFrame.
        That is the one I was refering to making as short as the content on it.

But try this. At the top of the page being presented inside the IFrame- place a book mark in the upper left corner. Then name the bookmark something simple like bookmark1

Then in your link you refer to this book mark like so;
        http://www.mysite.com/mypage.com#bookmark1 and you would still have the target set to what ever the I-Frame is.

Don't worry where the book mark is or what it is on- it will not show up on the page.

Le me know if that works.

Keith
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Nope - neither idea is working...
          It is still scrolling on the "home page” -

I have the i-frame on the home page set at Scroll bars: never and do not show boarders.
          To make it blend with my home page and seem seamless..

Comment

Beck-
            Contact me via my website below. Send me your e-mail address via that form. I will then contact you and you can send me a copy of your home page (the one with the bvp extension).

I can then have a look at how you have things set up.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

okay I sent you an email via your web site - but all I have on the home page is
              1) all my navigational buttons (rollovers)
              2) the music
              3) and the I-frame - that loads up the "About us" page upon opening

All other navigational buttons are set to load into the i-frame.
              with the exception of the :
              Memorial page and Guest Book.

all my other pages have the GFR logo, site map at the bottom (text links) and content, of which is mainly photos.
              The index page fo GFR is a flash animation with an ENTER button taking you to my “home page – with the “About Us “page loading into the i-frame :)
              www.gypsyfeathersranch.com

Comment

Beck-
                I did not receive your e-mail. Please use the contact form on 123gpp.com

Thanks-
                Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I did - but I've gone back and resent it using the "Contact us" button :)

Comment

Working...
                  X