Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABVFP GREEK Letters

Hello (Naval)!

Did you have the chance to check the problem with greek letters in the email?

www.gallery-ashia.com/contactus.html

I am posting here so you see it.

Panos
    Panos

Re: ABVFP GREEK Letters

Hi, no, i didn't have the time. I will try to do something this weekend.

However, you can probably fix this issue by editing the default character set in ABVFP which is 8859-1 with 8859-7 (Greek)

To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Copy, in your computer, the file "dbts_abvfp.php" with another name, just to have a backup copy.
    2. Using Notepad, open "dbts_abvfp.php".
    3. Scroll down, until you find the part of the script that emails you and the visitor. It is easily traceable because every block has it's own title, so look for the section that is titled:

// ------------Building the mail ----------------------

and find this line:

"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=\"iso-8859-1\"\n"

change it to

"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=\"iso-8859-7\"\n"

Save the file and upload it in the ABVFP folder. Make sure it is saved as php.

Another (maybe) solution would be to delete the charset instructions. In this case the line should be changed in :

"Content-Type: text/plain\n"

which should make your email client default in your own character set (Greek) thus avoiding problems.

Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: ABVFP GREEK Letters

Just an update:

I have been informed by vlsusocy that, indeed, changing the character set in abvfp has solved the issue. Any members that have particular character sets, please follow the same method described above.

Thank you for your confirmation vlsusocy.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X